Choose one of the following scaling options and spend 12 minutes developing your hand balancing:
A) Hand Walking (free or 2+ feet from a wall)
B) Wall Inverted Hip Shifts with Hand Release (from a Wall Walk)
C) Box Pikes Hip Shifts with Hand Release
D) Floor Piked Hip Shifts with Hand Release
Post work to comments.
Week 6 of 8
AMRAP 25 Minutes:
Partners alternate complete rounds. Scale to Ring Rows as needed for Pull-Ups, and to Knee or Elevated Push-Ups. Aim to have fast transitions.
Post rounds, reps, Rx, and partner to comments.
Check out Coach Keith’s update from Wodapalooza in Miami, where he just competed in their strongman event
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Save the date! This year’s Community Potluck is slated for Saturday, February 9th. Check out Monday’s post for details!
2. Get out of pain, stay out of pain, strengthen your weaknesses, and improve mobility and movement patterns, all while getting stronger in 2019. New cycles of Active Life Strength start January 21st and February 19th! This is a predominantly strength-based class specifically programmed to strengthen movements and improve positions based on your individual needs. See Tuesday’s post for details!
3. Do you want a night off for yourself and your kids? Of course you do! So sign up for our CFSBK Kids’ Night Out on February 2nd. Your kid will engage in fun movement activities and games, eat pizza, and watch a movie while you do… well, whatever you want!
4. Want to get better at Olympic lifting? We’re launching a new 8-week afternoon cycle of our Next Level Weightlifting Club, which is an Olympic lifting version of our popular Starting Strength Program cycles. In this awesome class led by 5-time Nationals medalist Coach Frank Murray, you’ll work on building the strength and skills necessary to master the Snatch, Clean, and Jerk. Go HERE for all the details!
5. Are you a CFSBK member and federal employee who is not getting paid due to the shutdown? We want to help! Please contact Coach Jess at info [at] crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com.
6. Want to get more comfortable in a Handstand? Need to work on your Muscle-Up? Our Handstand & Muscle-Up Workshop with Coach Ken offers 4 weeks of focused Handstand and Muscle-Up training. Classes will consist of Handstand and Muscle-Up technical progressions, plus related strength, mobility, and flexibility work. There is no buy-in for this class. All ability levels are welcome!