Every Minute on the Minute x 20 (5 sets):
1) 4-8 Strict Pull-Ups
2) 12-16 Alternating Single-Arm Bench Press (6-8e arm, alternating at top)
3) 20s Hollow Flutter Kicks
4) 30s Alternating Foot Step Jump Rope
Use assistance as needed for the pull ups. All work sets on the DB Bench should be challenging. If you can perform 8 Strict Pull Ups, scale up to Lean-Away Pull-Ups.
Post work to comments.
Week 6 of 8
3-5 Rounds for Quality:
30 Second Single-Arm Dumbbell/Kettlebell Overhead Hold, as heavy as possible
Post work to comments.
Save the Date! CFSBK Community Potluck on February 9th
Mark your calendars: this year’s Community Potluck goes down on February 9th! We’re excited to get everyone in house to break bacon and socialize together outside of classes. This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together. The fun starts at 7pm and will continue until around 10. This event is open to everyone and all are encouraged to come. Bring your friends and family!
Your dish doesn’t have to be paleo, but please try and keep the ingredients of your dish to within the guidelines of the Challenge: animal and vegetable proteins, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, starches, legumes, and whole grains are all good to go. We’ll vote on the top 3 dishes, so bring your best recipe! You may, of course, opt to bring a healthy dessert that limits the use of sugars and refined grains.
- The gym will provide some alcohol, but feel free to bring whatever else you’d like. If you’re not drinking booze and want to bring a drink, seltzer is great, too!
- If your food needs to be kept warm, you’ll need to provide your own crockpot or other method for keeping it at serving temperature. We’ve got surge protectors and extension cords.
- We’ll provide notecards so you can label your dish and list its ingredients.
- When you leave please take everything you brought with you. Do not leave any pots, pans, Tupperware, utensils, etc. They will be discarded that night.
- There will be a raffle for one free personal training session with Coach David!
- We’ll be doing karaoke again this year! In case you want to practice beforehand, these are the YouTube channels we’ll be using: Sing King Karaoke and Karafun.
- THERE WILL ALSO BE A BOUNCE HOUSE (for kids).
- If you’d like to help out (and haven’t already been contacted) we’ll need some hands on deck putting everything away afterwards. If you stay until the end, we’d greatly appreciate some help cleaning up!
- We also need some volunteers to help set up before and clean up afterwards. To help set up, arrive by 6:30 PM! E-mail Coach Brett at Brett [at] Crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com to let him know you’re available.
- Let us know what you’re bringing by posting in the comments section of the event page.
Get your heavy-duty plates ready. We can’t wait to see you there!
Monday CrossFit Kids Starts Today
We’re launching an additional CrossFit Kids class (ages 5 to 7) starting today. Here’s what you need to know:
Time: 3.30pm – 4.30pm
Start Date: Monday, January 14th
Location: 608 Degraw (kids go to the front desk as usual to check in)
As with our Sunday Kids classes, we have a strict cap of 10 kids per class, and we ask parents to RSVP beforehand. Head over to the CrossFit Kids & Teens program page to find out how to RSVP and learn more about these offerings!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Power Clean | Kettlebell Swings, Push Presses, Row
Powerlifting Slows the Aging Process. Here’s Why BarBend
What’s Up Greg Glassman’s Sleeve? Morning Chalk Up