We ask that all members arrive at the gym prior to their class start time to avoid interruptions in class flow and ensure you get a safe and complete warm-up . Members attending class have a 10 minute grace period before they will not be allowed entry into class. They can instead attend Open Gym assuming it’s available at that time.
Coming Early/Staying Late
Members who attend group class may show up early OR stay late no more than 15 minutes prior to or after their class. Appropriate usage of this time might be to stretch out, cool down on the a machine, perform some rehab/prehab or work a non barbell based skill/exercise. Anything more than 15 minutes requires that you to RSVP and check in for an Open Gym session via the Zen Planner members app. Available space is at the discretion of front desk and coaching staff.
RSVPing & Checking In
All members must RSVP on the Zen Planner member app and physically check in at the front desk prior to their training. This is particularly important for Open Gym members training in 608.
- Membership upgrades can occur at any time in your billing cycle. The remaining balance of your current membership’s payment will be automatically applied to the new upgraded membership.
- Membership downgrades will be effective as of the member’s next billing cycle. Downgrade requests should be made at least 3 days in advance so that we have time to make the necessary changes before your next bill. We cannot provide refunds retroactively for time prior to notification.
- Any membership change will result in the loss of all upcoming reservations, so 7 day’s notice is recommended.
- To initiate an upgrade or downgrade, you can speak to the Front Desk or contact us
- CFSBK will honor membership holds/suspensions of one week or more, provided that staff is notified at least 3 days in advance.
- Periods of suspension will extend the member’s current billing cycle by the total number of days absent, resulting in no financial loss for planned time away.
- Memberships can be placed on hold for up to 3 months. The membership will automatically be reinstated after that unless the member contacts us within 3 days of the next billing cycle.
Refunds/ Membership Cancellations
- Membership cancellations can occur at any time and for any reason without additional fees. We do request that you provide a reason for cancellation for our tracking purposes.
- While cancellations can occur at any time, members looking to cancel prior to their upcoming bill must notify CFSBK at least 3 days prior the bill due date.
- CFSBK will not provide refunds for any late cancellation requests or for any unused classes/sessions.
- Deleting your payment information from Zen Planner does not cancel your membership. Membership cancellations are only processed by contacting us.
Discounts/Age Requirements/Shared Membership
- Our week runs from Monday to Sunday. Recurring memberships reset on Monday of each week.
- Recurring memberships and punch cards cannot be shared or transferred among members.
- With the exception of our CrossFit Kids & Teens programs and personal training sessions, you must be at least 18 years old to participate in CFSBK’s classes.
- 12% discounts are available to the following populations: Full time Teachers, Students, FDNY, EMT, DOS, Social Workers, Armed Services and Essential Workers. We also have a Scholarship Program for individuals who cannot afford our rates. . Eligibility for all discounts will be reviewed on a semi-annual basis.
COVID-19 Saftey Plan and Protocols
Below are some updated COVID–19 guidelines for members and staff. These protocols are based on evolving guidance from the CDC, often pulled verbatim. Our position at CFSBK has always been to keep members safe by following the specific guidance and mandates of city, state and federal health officials as opposed to determining our own subjective public health measures. We want to thank all our members for continuing to take the steps to keep themselves and fellow gym members safe and following all the guidelines implemented over the last 2 years.
If you test positive for COVID-19
1.) Alert our CFSBK Front Desk Staff by emailing them @ email@example.com or call (718) 852-3725 and let them know the date of your positive test.
2.) Your account will automatically be put on HOLD for 10 days from your positive test.
3.) People who test positive should isolate for 5 days after their test and if asymptomatic after that time, may return to the gym wearing a well fitting mask for 5 more days (6th-10th day after positive test). If this applies to you please contact us ahead of time to modify the automatic 10 day hold. Individuals who are still experiencing symptoms may not return to the gym through the original 10 day isolation period. This change is motivated by science demonstrating that the majority of SARS-CoV-2 transmission occurs early in the course of illness, generally in the 1-2 days prior to onset of symptoms and the 2-3 days after.
*While regular testing is always encouraged, individuals are not required to provide a negative test before returning to the gym. The reason for this is that individuals may test positive for covid due to non-infectious remnants of the virus for upwards of three months post infection.)
For more details, read the full CDC guidelines here
If you were exposed to someone with COVID-19
People who are fully vaccinated do not need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID–19 unless they develop symptoms or test positive. It is recommended that they get tested 5-7 days after exposure and wear a mask in indoor public settings for 14 days or until their test result is negative. This applied to members who have visited the gym and been notified that someone training in the same facility and at the same time as them tested positive.
Dogs, Kids & Bikes
CFSBK prides itself on being a kid and dog-friendly gym. But in the interest of keeping everyone as safe and focused on their fitness as possible, we’ve updated our policies regarding our favorite tiny humans and creatures. If you have a child or dog, please review these policies.
CFSBK Kids Policy:
- While children are allowed at the gym, we ask that parents only bring them when absolutely necessary. If you don’t need to bring your kids, please leave them at home.
- Children must be at least 5 years old to accompany their parent to the gym. Babies confined to strollers during personal training or open gym sessions will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Children aged 5-11 will need to show proof of at least one vaccination dose. Starting December 27th, children 12 and older will be required to show proof of two vaccine doses except for those who have received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- Kids are not allowed on the gym floor or to play with any gym equipment. We have CrossFit Kids classes for that 🙂 Please bring something for them to occupy themselves with during your visit.
- Kids in 597 need to be able to sit in the lounge area unattended, which means they are not a distraction or danger to themselves or others.
- Kids in 608 must stay in the station occupied by their guardian and may not run around, play with equipment or disturb other gym members.
- Kids should not be in the way of group class.
- The Front Desk staff is not responsible for your children.
- No kids are allowed behind the front desk.
- We reserve the right to ask you to attend to your child or potentially take them home should they not be following any of the policies listed above.
CFSBK Dogs Policy:
- Dogs that bark, whine, jump, or bite are not allowed at the gym.
- Dogs must be on leash at all times. Dogs in 597 should be kept by the couch or the bottom of the stairs. Dogs in 608 should remain in the station occupied by their human and not interfere with other members.
- The Front Desk staff is not responsible for your dog.
- Members’ dogs are not allowed behind the front desk or on the gym floor.
- We reserve the right to ask you to remove a disruptive dog, even in the middle of your class or workout.
- Members bikes are NOT allowed inside the gym under any circumstances. Even if your bike is too expensive to lock up outside.
- If you forgot your bike lock the front desk has one loaner lock you can use during class.
- Scooters and Skateboards are allowed and should be placed near the shelves/coat racks we provide members.