The Countdown to the Open Begins
We’re now less than 30 days away from the start of the 2018 CrossFit Open! 2017 was a big year for the gym, and we want to keep the good vibes rolling in 2018. That’s why we’re aiming to have 200 CFSBKers register for the Open this year! Rory McKernan explains what the Open is in the video above, but here are 5 really good reasons why you should participate:
1. As in years past, there will be both Rx’d and Scaled versions of each workout. So don’t fret if you don’t have those Pull-Ups or Muscle-Ups or What-Have-Yous yet.
2. We’ll be running the CFSBK Open Intramural Team Competition again this year, and you’ll have to be officially registered for Open to take part. This competition aims to promote a healthy community rivalry and provide motivation for all Open competitors to perform their best each week. There will be t-shirts!
3. FRIDAY. NIGHT. LIGHTS. Each Open Intramural team will send a male and a female competitor to this super-fun throw down that we’ll host all 5 weeks of the Open. Check out the photos from last year here and here!
4. Competition is fun, even if you’re not the competitive type! Last week, we reposted Coach Fox’s “Why Compete?” and that about sums it up.
5. The Open best expresses the fundamentally democratic spirit of CrossFit. It’s easy to forget about that when you watch incredible athletes doing incredible things in the Games. But in the Open, everyone has a chance to prove something to themselves, and at CFSBK, we’re lucky to be able to do that in an environment in which your fellow athletes will cheer you on, whether you’re a veteran, a rookie, or somewhere in between. If you’re thinking about doing it, do it!