In 2 Minutes:
Establish a max Squat Snatch in the remaining time.
Rest 3 minutes
Repeat for 6 total sets. Score total meters and total weight. The barbell can be pre-loaded to the weight you’ll attempt, and you may take more than 1 attempt within the minute.
Post loads to comments.
Week 2 of 8
Join Us Saturday for a Look, Feel, Perform Better Info Session!
It’s that time of year again: New Year’s resolution time. While we believe it’s best to make choices in accordance with your goals and values all of (or at least most of) the time, we recognize that many of us use markers like the beginning of the year to kickstart positive changes. That’s why each year at CFSBK kicks off with the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge.
Want to learn more? Join us for an Info Session and Q&A this Saturday, December 15th at 9am in the Annex.
(Can’t make it Saturday? Don’t worry! You can find tons of info HERE.)
How To Participate
Complete the following steps by Sunday, January 6th in order to participate and be eligible for prizes:
- Sign your name on the big list in the community area of the gym.
- Sign up at front desk or the CFSBK Online Store. This is a 3-month program, paid in 3 installments of $30. The first payment will be charged at registration, with the following 2 payments automatically charged each month thereafter. ($90 total plus NY sales tax)
- Answer a few brief questions and submit your “before” photos according to the guidelines on the Look, Feel, Perform Better website. These entries are private will not be published or seen by anyone other than us without your consent. You can access the 2019 LFPB Challenge Entry Form HERE.
- Perform the Capacity Test WOD and record your results.
- Track points earned daily on the spreadsheet based on how well you’re complying with the guidelines.
- Complete your Post-Challenge submission by March 29th, at the end of the Challenge
- Participate in bi-monthly Virtual Classroom Sessions on Facebook Live. Each session will include a brief topical lecture followed by Q&A. They’ll be Mondays from 1:10pm until about 1:40pm on the following dates (subject to change): 1/7, 1/21, 2/4, 2/18, 3/4, 3/18.
Give the Gift of Music This Year
Yesterday’s Results Board: Deadlift / Bench Press
Exercise Wins: Fit Seniors Can Have Hearts That Look 30 Years Younger NPR
One Wrong Move Is The Difference Between Life and Death Players’ Tribune (video)