Video of the Week: Laurie Nelson’s story of starting CrossFit in her 60s is a great one. It’s also yet another reminder that CrossFit is for everyone. Do you know someone over 55 who might benefit from training at CFSBK? Of course you do! So send them to check out our Fit 55+ class, which just launched this week!
1. Join Coach Fox for the second Look, Feel, Perform Better Info Session, “Nutrient Timing Simplified,” this Sunday, January 22nd at 12:00pm in the Annex. As always, an open Q&A will follow the brief lecture. See the event page for more details.
2. Also this Sunday: the next Iron Maidens Lift’n’Learn session starts at at 2pm! The session will focus on practicing the powerlifting commands used at Iron Maidens, followed by a discussion about fundraising. Danae M. will be providing information about Grace Outreach students, how the Stay Strong Scholarship fund has worked over this past year, and our goals for keeping it going in 2017. Superstar fundraisers Bethany Erskine, Christina LaBrie, and Halston Bruce will be talking about how they raised so much money to support our scholarship students.
3. Another new class, Strong Fit meets tomorrow at 8am! Strong Fit will stimulate different energy systems/intensities, and include objects not normally seen in group class: the yoke, axle, sandbags, handles, ropes, and sleds. See the program page for more details.
4. On Wednesday, we introduced you to Front Desker and new CrossFit Kids coach Lynsey R.! We’ll continute to post profiles of our wonderful coaches as we update the Coaching Staff page.
5. The CFSBK Community Potluck is just over a week away, and we want you and your whole family to come! This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together. Details are in yesterday’s post.