Turkish Get Up
1) Turkish Get Up or Pressing Turkish Get Up
2) 12 (6e) Single Arm or Archer Ring Rows
Work up to a heavy load on a Get Up variant. Rest a minute or so and perform a set on a Ring Row variant. Aim for 4-6 sets of each exercise in 20 minutes.
Post work to comments.
Week 7 of 8
Every Minute on the Minute x 16:
1) 12 Russian Kettlebell Swings, as heavy as possible
2) 8 Box Jumps 24/20
During the rest between stations, hold a Tall Plank after the Swings, and a Reverse Plank Bridge
after the Box Jumps.
Post work to comments.
The CFSBK cheering section at Wodapalooza to support Coach KHarpz. Thanks for making us proud, Katie!
New Programs Starting This Week
We have all fitness stuff we want to get better at. That’s why, in addition to CrossFit group classes, we offer some of the best speciality classes around. Two of them are starting this week:
- Starting this Wednesday, January 23rd: We’re launching a new 8-week afternoon cycle of our Next Level Weightlifting Club, which is an Olympic lifting version of our popular Starting Strength Program cycles. In this awesome class led by 5-time Nationals medalist Coach Frank Murray, you’ll work on building the strength and skills necessary to master the Snatch, Clean, and Jerk. Go HERE for all the details!
- Starting this Thursday, January 24th: Want to get more comfortable in a Handstand? Need to work on your Muscle-Up? Our Handstand & Muscle-Up Workshop with Coach Ken offers 4 weeks of focused Handstand and Muscle-Up training. Classes will consist of Handstand and Muscle-Up technical progressions, plus related strength, mobility, and flexibility work. There is no buy-in for this class. All ability levels are welcome!
What are you waiting for? Sign up now!
Saturday: Going Away Party for Coach JB
As you may have heard, we are losing our beloved Coach JB to the West Coast. Here are the details:
Saturday, January 26th at 4pm
The Kings Beer Hall (St. Mark’s and 4th Ave.)
Come out to wish her well! We’ll have a formal farewell on the blog soon.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Clean and Jerk Complex | Burpees, Dumbbell Front Squats, Sit-Ups
How CrossFitter Steph Hammerman Became Nike’s First Adaptive Sponsored Athlete Morning Chalk Up
Your Gains Are Waiting Athlete Daily
Rob Underwood says
To anyone who got up in this bitter cold, on a bank/school holiday, after yesterday’s burner of a workout, to do Turkish get-ups at the 6am class … well, a hat tip to you.
We missed you, Rob! 6am was LIT 😉