12-15 Minutes Not for Rounds:
1-3 Rope Climbs 15′
Post work to comments.
AMRAP 21 Minutes:
15 Russian Kettlebell Swings 24/16kg
12 Box Jumps 24/20″
Post rounds, reps, and Rx to comments.
This Week at CFSBK in Review
It’s almost summer, and there’s lots happening at the gym. Let’s recap!
1. We’ve delayed the start of the upcoming Active Life Strength PM Cycle to this Monday, so you know what that means: There’s still time to register! See this post for details, and go HERE to register.
2. Register for our upcoming Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Fundamentals class with Coach Callie Brennan! Fundamentals is your jiu-jitsu starter pack. The course is geared towards anyone intrigued by BJJ but unsure where to begin, anyone who wants to become better acquainted with dynamic movement on the ground. By the end of the course, you will be at the point where you can walk into a live-sparring Jiu Jitsu class without reservation.
3. “The Stay Strong Scholarship means a second chance for me. This scholarship has opened up doors for me that I never thought would be open.” On Tuesday, we talked to Stay Strong Scholar AS. For the 3rd year in a row, Iron Maidens lifters will raise funds for the Stay Strong Scholarship, which supports students at Bronx-based Grace Outreach. This year, our goal is to raise $40,000 to continue supporting these students. Right now we’re at $8,673 raised. Can you help us get there? Show some love by donating to your favorite CFSBK lifter(s) through the 2018 Crowdrise campaign here.
4. Coach Whit is a longtime client of Zach Dacuk, who is offering a workshop from June 21st to the 24th. “Mapping the Body: Recognizing Successes & Principles in the Application of Fascial Movement” is of interest to massage therapists, fitness instructors, and movement professionals.
5. In this week’s installment of Humans of Starting Strength Program, we talked to longtime CFSBKer Rob Underwood. It’s a great insight into one of our cornerstone programs. Check it out!
6. Today’s 11am Active Recovery class is cancelled. Coach David is serving his 8th year as the Competition Director of CrossFit’s East Regional!