Thrusters 95/65 lbs
Kettlebell Swings 24/16 kg
Box Jumps 24/20″
The Barbell and Kettlebell weight should be on the light-medium side for you and unbroken on the fast end, but breaking the larger sets up into 2-3 quick sets is appropriate. Aim to stay steady on the Burpees. The Box Jump is Rx’d as a two-foot takeoff. You may jump down or step down as desired. In our opinion, unless you’re bounding your Box Jumps, stepping down is probably the better way to go. It’s less stress on your joints and will probably allow you to cycle reps faster anyway. If stepping down, alternate your step down leg in some fashion, i.e., every 3 reps or every other rep.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Totally appropriate things happening at the gym. This is an amazing thoracic spine partner extension drill. Stop staring at us …really, just try it. It will change your life. Have a safe word and dont forget to switch so that the top becomes the bottom. Really, please stop staring…. unless you’re into that. 👀 @davidosorio__ @lsnisky #crossfit #mobility #nojudgments #flexpositive
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Throughout this weekend’s group classes and Open Gym hours, we’ll be showing the final days of the CrossFit Games on our big screen (without audio) at 597. All the more reason to do some fitness at your favorite gym this weekend!
2. On Monday, we posted a fun Instagram vid of Erica D. getting all gymnasty at OG. If you do a CFSBK-related post, don’t forget to geotag us and use the #CFSBK hashtag. Who knows, you might end up on one of these member mashups we’ve been doing!
3. We need just one more RSVP to run next Saturday’s Kids Club Night. See the event page for details!
4. On Wednesday, we reposted one of last summer’s Guide to Cues, Coach David’s “Knees Out!” Check it out here.
5. Yesterday we “introduced” (you may already know them) some guest coaches you might see at the whiteboard in the coming weeks. Hello Lauren B., Morit S., and Keith Van W.!
6. Celebrate the end of summer—don’t worry, not too soon!—with your CFSBK buds.On Saturday, September 2nd, CFSBK will be hosting a potluck at Prospect Park. Come lounge on the grass, throw some frisbee, toss the ol’ pigskin, and hang out with your gym buds. What better way to spend Labor Day weekend?
7. We have a few schedule changes this weekend. Today’s 10am Yoga for Athletes and 11am Active Recovery classes are cancelled. Sunday’s 2:15pm Free Intro class is also cancelled.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Rest Day
How One Woman Went from Counting Blueberries on the Plate, to Counting Plates on the Barbell Girls Gone Strong
Why Newborn Babies Smell So Delicious NY Mag