Virtual Class Zoom Room (Password: CFSBK)
CFSBK @ Home: 7am
Coach will take you through a progression reviewing proper posture, sequencing and overall form on the rowing machine. Use the 3:00 sets in the following segment to dial in that perfect form.
5 Sets For Quality and Load
Row 2:00 @ Aerobic pace
6-8 Shoulder Presses or Tempo strict HSPUs.
The Row should be maintained at an aerobic and conversational pace.
If you opt into Strict HSPU. Use a 3-1-2-2 tempo. The 1 second hold at the bottom should be an active headstand where you’re not putting excessive compression onto your neck. The intention is to build a strong and stable bottom position. You may break this up in to multiple sets to get through the 6-8 reps.
3 Sets for Effort of:
15 Weighted Sit-Ups
15 Lateral Raises
15 DB Curls
CFSBK @ Home
2 – 3 Rounds of:
10 Alt Scorpion Stretches
10 Alt Table Inside Out
5 NP Burpees
6 Alt SB Snatches
9 Sit Ups
Repeat for 5 Sets in Total
Options for HSPU – Kipping; Strict; Box Piked or 3ea Single Arm Strict Presses.
As always, we will be running our Memorial Day Murph event on Monday, May 31st. This year we will be running three 90 minute heats of 16 athletes per gym at 8am, 930am and 11am. Check out all the details below and sign up for a slot today!
- To register for a heat, sign up via the links below. Unfortunately, because this is an “event” in zen planner it will not show up on your member app. This way a class will not be deducted from your membership. We will be running 90 minute heats with 16 people in each gym.
- If you’d like to learn more about Michael Murphy and the origins of “Murph,” this is a great place to start.
- For scaling options and game plans, see Coach Fox’s very useful post, “Murph Is For Everybody.”
- Since there’s no charge for this workout (the class won’t be deducted from your weekly limit), we suggest that you make a $20 (or more!) donation to K9s for Warriors in lieu of class payment. This organization helps train service animals for veterans suffering from PTSD. We’ll have a kiosk set up to accept donations at the gym today, or you can go HERE to support this terrific cause.
- In year’s past we were able to provide a handful of weighted vests for members from the inventory that we had. Unfortunately we no longer have that inventory since folks took theirs home during “the great closure” so we cannot provide any vests this year. If you would like to purchase your own vest, check out Rogue’s options here. We recommend the Condor Centry Plate Carrier
- This year we will not be BBQing on the street or coordinating a potluck but we will provide seltzer and sliced fruit platters for when you finish the workout! 90 minutes should be enough time to get your workout in, grab a snack and maybe hang out for a bit afterward but we’re trying to limit crowding for obvious reasons.