A) Foundations Building Superset
For someone who is not yet strong enough, and thus will benefit more from strength work than skill work.
Rotate through the exercises in order, resting as needed to make each exercise challenging while holding perfect positions. Use bands as needed on the Pull-Ups. Use bands or perform Bench Dip as needed on the Dips.
B) Low Ring Transition Work
For someone who has the requisite strength, but little to no experience on the rings or trying Muscle-Ups.
5-7 x 3-5 Strict Low Ring Transitions
Move without momentum and always establish mature support positions at the bottom and top of the rings (if pressing out the Dip) on each and every rep.
For someone who has done a few Strict Muscle-Ups or has the requisite strength and is very close.
8-15 x 1-2.
If you can consistently perform these well then try attempts on the high rings.
D) Muscle-Up Consistency/Capacity Work
Every Minute on the Minute x 12:
1) 10 Russian Kettlebell Swings
2) 1-5 Muscle-Ups (Strict or Kipping)
The goal of this work is to perform ring muscle ups in a semi-fatigued state. If the Muscle-Ups alone are very challenging for you then skip the swings and do Muscle-Ups every other minute.
Post work to comments.
Week 2 of 4
Aerobic Recovery Conditioning
Row or Bike
Work at a pace you could sustain for an hour or more. You should be able to breath through your nose the entire time. Focus on 1-2 technique points that are pertinent to you, coming back to them throughout the piece as your mind strays elsewhere.
Post work to comments.
More of Thomas H.’s photos from Friday Night Lights 20.2 can be found on our Flickr account. Keep an eye out for his 20.3 photoset!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. On Monday, we posted “CrossFit for the Hunter-Gatherer,” CFSBKer Adam Kolesar’s account of training for a mountain hunting expedition with Coach Brett. It’s a great read that reveals just how widely applicable functional fitness can be.
3. Hey, do you subscribe to our newsletter? Please do to get monthly updates on general gym happenings, blog highlights, and programming info! Sign up HERE or via the link on the sidebar to the right.
4. Friday brought this week’s edition of The Update Show with Coaches Brett, Keith, and David. Watch it to find out what’s going on in the CFSBK Open Intramural League!
5. Missing something? It might be in our most recent lost and found dump! Be sure to claim you stuff before we donate it to CHIPS in a couple of weeks.
6. Starting this coming week, we’ll be adding additional Short Circuit classes at 9am on Tuesday and Thursdays. More chances to get your fitness on with us!
7. Today’s 11am Active Recovery class is cancelled.