Contralateral Romanian Deadlift / Push Press Superset
A1) Contralateral Single Leg Single Arm Romanian Deadlift
3 x 6-8 @ 4111
Focus first on balance and stability through the foot, lower leg, and hip. Use dumbbells or kettlebells to add load as able.
A2) Barbell Push Press:
3 x 6-8 @ 41X1
The bar should not be crashing back to the rack position. Start light enough to use the prescribed tempo and to build in load over six weeks.
3 x 6-8 @4111
Use a double overhand grip and control the tempo, using a switch grip only if you need it. Hook grip is preferred. Start light enough to use the prescribed tempo and to build in load over six weeks. Here’s a useful demo video.
Post loads to comments.
Week 3 of 6
12-15 Supinated Grip Barbell Curls
12-15 Supine Dumbbell Lat Pullovers
Rest 30 seconds between movements and sets.
Fight Gone Bad 2019: Let’s Do This!
It’s hard to believe that we’re less than 3 weeks away from Fight Gone Bad 2019, but guess what? We’re less than 3 weeks away from Fight Gone Bad 2019, which goes down on Saturday, October 5th! Your team heat time and judging assignments will come out in a few weeks. This year we have nearly 100 CFSBKers spread across 17 teams ready to throw down for a great cause. Here’s what your teams should have accomplished so far:
- Pick a captain. And pick a name! We have some good ones so far. Sorry, but Fight Gone Bad House Team #14 ain’t gonna cut it.
- Your captain should create a Crowdrise page for your team, then invite everyone to join the team.
- Join your team!
- Start fundraising! Check the blog this week for some tips on fundraising.
Once again this year, we’re lucky to have some terrific sponsors, so some awesome prizes will be up for grabs. If you’d like to donate additional prizes, please get in touch with our Events Coordinator Coach Brett at Brett [at] crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com.
News and Notes
- Registration for new cycles of our Starting Strength program will open tomorrow. Check the blog to get your spot!
- This Friday, September 20th starting at 7:45pm, CFSBK is hosting a Mario Kart tournament on the BIG SCREEN in 597. Relive your college years, childhood, adolescence, infancy, adulthood, or whatever the case may be. More details can be found on the event page.