Dumbbell Bench Press / Ring Row Superset
A1) Dumbbell Bench Press:
3 x 8
Use a “faster up-slower down” tempo. Heavier than last week.
A2) Ring Rows:
3 x 8
Use a “faster up-slower down” tempo. Change the angle of the body, slow down the negative, and/or add a weighted vest to make these more challenging. False grip is also an option.
Post loads to comments.
Week 5 of 6
AMRAP 12 Minutes:
3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, adding 3 reps per round of…
Hang Power Cleans 95/65
The barbell should be light for you. Modify the Toes-to-Bars to Hanging Leg or Knee Raises as needed.
Post rounds, reps, and Rx to comments.
Eat, Pray, Gainz: Sausage and Tortilla Egg Bake
By Chris Fox
Editor’s Note: Everyone has loved the recipes we’ve been pulling out of the archive on Sundays, so let’s keep it rolling. Here’s another banger by Coach Fox that you can meal prep. Make it today and let us know how it goes in the comments! This post originally went up on 4.6.17.
Is breakfast the most important meal of the day? Not sure, but it can certainly be the hardest one to get right on a busy morning. Here’s an easy, healthy, make-ahead breakfast idea that can be tailored to your taste and to what you happen have on hand in your kitchen.
The recipe below makes 6 servings, each at about 275 calories with 25 grams of protein, 10 grams of fat, and 15 grams of carbohydrate.
- 3 links chicken andouille sausages, diced (we used Amylu brand)
- 2 cartons egg whites (16oz ea)
- 6 corn tortillas, sliced
- 2 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and thoroughly drained
- 2 teaspoons of butter (for greasing the dish)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease baking dish with butter
- Dice sausages
- Slice tortillas
- Shred cheese
- Drain spinach
- Season egg whites with salt and pepper
- Layer tortillas, andouille, spinach, and cheese in the greased baking dish.
- Pour egg whites into the dish over layered ingredients.
- Place in center of preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through. It should be slightly browned and an inserted toothpick should come out dry.
- Let cool before slicing. Store in airtight container (or plastic wrap).
That’s it! You can nuke it for 40 seconds or so to reheat in the morning for a protein-packed breakfast, though Jess and I have often been spotted eating these at room temp out of our hands at around 7am. It doesn’t just have to be a breakfast meal! You can enjoy it any time of day. And, it travels and reheats well for lunch or brunch parties. Mimosas optional…
- Change ingredients to your taste, or to use what you have on hand!
- Use 2c cooked pasta or potatoes instead of the tortillas.
- Use any other cooked lean protein in place of the chicken andouille.
- Use any other cooked, chopped, and dried green vegetables.
- Use whatever cheese you have on hand.
- Use 12 whole eggs in place of egg whites for a higher fat content.
Retraining Deeply Ingrained Habits of Mindlessness Zen Habits
Why You Should Try Lifting Weights from a Kneeling Position More Often BarBend
Allie N says
I’m trying this with chick peas instead of tortillas! I’ll let y’all know how it goes.