Take 12 minutes to work up to a heavy single.
Post loads to comments.
Squat Snatches 115/75
Burpees Over the Bar
The Snatch weight should be on the light side for you. The Burpees Over the Bar are Rx’d as a two-foot take off. Stepping over is scaled.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Linda and Steve H. dropped into Coach Noah’s CrossFit Lumos in Austin and were “pleasantly surprised to see some CFSBK faces (and shirts), plus of course Noah!”
Eat, Pray, Gainz: Sausage and Tortilla Egg Bake
By Chris Fox
Is breakfast the most important meal of the day? Not sure, but it can certainly be the hardest one to get right on a busy morning. Here’s an easy, healthy, make-ahead breakfast idea that can be tailored to your taste and to what you happen have on hand in your kitchen.
The recipe below makes 6 servings, each at about 275 calories with 25 grams of protein, 10 grams of fat, and 15 grams of carbohydrate.
- 3 links chicken andouille sausages, diced (we used Amylu brand)
- 2 cartons egg whites (16oz ea)
- 6 corn tortillas, sliced
- 2 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and thoroughly drained
- 2 teaspoons of butter (for greasing the dish)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease baking dish with butter
- Dice sausages
- Slice tortillas
- Shred cheese
- Drain spinach
- Season egg whites with salt and pepper
- Layer tortillas, andouille, spinach, and cheese in the greased baking dish.
- Pour egg whites into the dish over layered ingredients.
- Place in center of preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through. It should be slightly browned and an inserted toothpick should come out dry.
- Let cool before slicing. Store in airtight container (or plastic wrap).
That’s it! You can nuke it for 40 seconds or so to reheat in the morning for a protein-packed breakfast, though Jess and I have often been spotted eating these at room temp out of our hands at around 7am. It doesn’t just have to be a breakfast meal! You can enjoy it any time of day. And, it travels and reheats well for lunch or brunch parties. Mimosas optional…
- Change ingredients to your taste, or to use what you have on hand!
- Use 2c cooked pasta or potatoes instead of the tortillas.
- Use any other cooked lean protein in place of the chicken andouille.
- Use any other cooked, chopped, and dried green vegetables.
- Use whatever cheese you have on hand.
- Use 12 whole eggs in place of egg whites for a higher fat content.
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Tempo Front Squat | Deadlifts, Box Jumps
6 Common Deadlift Errors Alan Thrall
Woman Who Drinks 6 Cups of Coffee Per Day Trying to Cut Down on Blue Light at Bedtime