Today is a scheduled rest/recovery day, but don’t worry! We are open and running on our normal schedule. In today’s CrossFit group classes, you’ll have the option of doing either yesterday or tomorrow’s programming, which can be found in the comments section of today and every Rest Day’s post.
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. The Community Potluck is TOMORROW NIGHT, gang. We can’t wait to see all of your beautiful faces and eat all of your delicious cooking. The fun starts at 7pm. You can find the full schedule in yesterday’s post.
2. Our new training cycle kicked off this week. Go HERE to find out what you can expect in group classes through the end of the Open!
3. Get out of pain, stay out of pain, strengthen your weaknesses, and improve mobility and movement patterns, all while getting stronger in 2019. An AM cycle of Active Life Strength starts Tuesday, February 19th! This is a predominantly strength-based class specifically programmed to strengthen movements and improve positions based on your individual needs.
4. In our latest installment of Better Know a Member, we learned about memory maven and death-metal-listening mentalist Matt Cooper!
5. We’re less than 2 weeks away from the start of the CrossFit Open! the comments were awesomeThis week we asked blog readers to reflect on their experience, and .
6. Tomorrow’s 11am Active Recovery class is cancelled.
My Body, My Jokes on February 20th
My Body, My Jokes is a bimonthly stand up comedy show all about living inside these weird, gross, human-shaped bodies, and what they go through. As an antidote for Valentine’s Day, February’s theme is BREAK-UPS! Join host and CFSBKer Maria Heinegg and a group of hilarious comics as they tell jokes about the break-ups they’ve lived through, plus our relationship expert, Effy Blue, who will tell us everything we’ve been doing wrong in love. This months proceeds will be donated to Survived & Punished (S&P). S&P is a national coalition that organizes to de-criminalize efforts to survive domestic and sexual violence, support and free criminalized survivors, and abolish gender violence, policing, prisons, and deportations.
Tickets: $15 in advance/ $20 at the door
Yesterday’s Results Board
Trust the Process Breaking Muscle
Expect Stiff Competition at This Year’s International Hair Freezing Contest Smithsonian