Today is a scheduled rest/recovery day, but don’t worry! We are open and running on our normal schedule. In today’s CrossFit group classes, you’ll have the option of doing either yesterday or tomorrow’s programming, which can be found in the comments section of today and every Rest Day’s post.
Coach Keith cheesin’ after his performance at WZA Strong. Want a chance to work closely with The Dude himself? An AM cycle of Active Life Strength starts on February 19th. Go HERE to learn more!
Calling All Health Professionals: A Message from Dr. Mike
CrossFit continues to campaign on a variety of healthcare issues on a national level. But there are also important local issues that call out for participation. I’m reaching out to find interested members with a healthcare background (nurses, physicians, social workers, etc.) or who are just interested in activities/issues related to healthcare. All are welcome. Here are some of the issues for this local medical collective to learn more about and work on, including:
- New York Health Act (single-payer legislation) and national themes, such as Medicare for All
- Develop links with CrossFit Health, our national counterpart
- Developing an outreach program to the local Brooklyn medical community
And more. Please contact me at mcutaia [at] gmail.com to let me know if you are interested.
News and Notes
- Tonight’s 7:30pm Anti-Gravity class is cancelled.
- Want to get more comfortable in a Handstand? Need to work on your Muscle-Up? Our Handstand & Muscle-Up Workshop with Coach Ken offers 4 weeks of focused Handstand and Muscle-Up training. Classes will consist of Handstand and Muscle-Up technical progressions, plus related strength, mobility, and flexibility work. Class starts this Thursday, January 24th. All ability levels are welcome!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Turkish Get Up | Kettlebell Swings, Box Jumps
Ten Stunning Photos of the Lunar Eclipse Smithsonian
CrossFit Trainer Ben Smith Is Concerned About Bias in Sanctionals BarBend