Today is a scheduled rest/recovery day, but don’t worry! We are open and running on a normal class schedule. In today’s CrossFit group classes, you’ll have the option of doing either yesterday or tomorrow’s programming, which can be found in the comments section of today and every Rest Day’s post.
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Steven Norton is our October Athlete of the Month. Take a look at Monday’s post to learn all about him!
2. Sick of medical bills, co-pays, deductibles, and rising health insurance premiums? This Saturday, October 27th from 7 to 9pm, CFSBK will screen Fix It: Healthcare at the Tipping Point. This 22-minute documentary takes an in-depth look at our dysfunctional for-profit healthcare system and shows how moving to a universal, single-payer system might impact you as a patient, a provider, or a business. Check out the event page for more details.
3. Coach Jeremy’s Starting Strengthers will wrap up their eight-week cycle on Sunday, October 28th starting at 2:00pm. Lifters will be testing their 1RMs in the Back Squat, Press, and Deadlift. All are welcome to come by, hang out, and do some cheering. Get ready for some massive PRs!
4. We have new Level 1 and Level 2 cycles of our Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class starting on November 11th. This is a great chance to get started or hone your skills. Go HERE for more info and to sign up.
5. Interested in exhibiting your work in our 5th annual CFSBK Art Show? Please email Coach Brett at Brett [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com by this Thursday, November 1st.
6. Head over to Tuesday’s post to see the full results of Fight Gone Bad 2018!
7. Afternoon sessions of our Next Level Weightlifting Class with Coach Frank (Wednesdays and Fridays at noon) are cancelled until December. You can still get your Oly on on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights! Head over to the NLWC program page to learn more about this awesome class offering.
8. Join Jess B. and Kate T. this Sunday during Open Gym to make some calls and send some texts for candidates in swing districts ahead of the upcoming midterm election. Just bring a phone and laptop or tablet with internet access. There will be snacks!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Hang Power Clean | Run, Thrusters
The Jump Cue Catalyst Athletics
Even a 10-Minute Walk May Be Good for the Brain NY Times