Every 2 Minutes for 16 Minutes (8 sets):
Mid Hang Snatch Pull + Knee Hang Snatch Pull + Low Hang Snatch Pull + Low Hang Snatch
Pause for a 2 count at the Low Hang position before the Snatch. Focus on staying balanced and finishing your pulls vertically by extending the knees and shrugging the shoulders. The time that you’ll be hanging on to the bar and maintaining tension for this complex will limit the load. Build to a point that feels heavy but allows for perfect execution.
Post loads to comments.
Exposure 7 of 8
AMRAP 1 Minute Double-Unders
Rest 1 Minute
AMRAP 1 Minute Kettlebell Swings
Rest 1 Minute
AMRAP 1 Minute Pull-Ups
Rest 1 Minute
Perfect day to practice jumping rope if you don’t have Doubles dialed in. Scale to Singles only if they are a work in progress. Choose a kettlebell load that you can swing for 20+ reps, and try to stay unbroken for the full minutes. Scale the Pull-Ups to banded or challenging Ring Rows as needed. Score total reps for each movement.
Post total reps for each movement and Rx to comments.
Fight Fall FOMO!
Today is the last day of summer, which is an extremely overrated season. So buck up! We have lots of cool stuff on tap for you this fall. Here are 2 upcoming you really won’t want to miss out on:
- Tomorrow is the last day to register for Fight Gone Bad 2018, a day loaded with fun costumes, camaraderie, and fundraising for a great cause. On Monday, we gave you 5 reasons why you should sign up if you’re still on the fence. Do it! Do it! Do it!
- In our effort to create a community of support for people from all walks of life, we are hosting a FREE workout tomorrow night at 7:00pm for anyone struggling with addiction, in recovery from addiction, or whose lives have been affected by addiction.This event will feature a beginner-friendly circuit workout, the opportunity to share and connect, and information about Shatterproof, a national nonprofit organization dedicated to ending the devastation addiction causes families. To learn more about Stronger Than Addiction and Shatterproof head over to the event page.
We’re looking forward to a fun, FOMO-free fall with you!
News and Notes
- MTA’s Brooklyn Community Conversation about Fast Forward, its plan to improve the organization, takes place on Tuesday September 25th from 6:30pm – 8:30pm at Medgar Evers College. Go here to learn more. Thanks to Karl for the info!
- Leah D. will be offering extended evening hours (until 8pm most days) for massage therapy today and tomorrow. Go here to learn more about Leah’s services and to book an appointment.
- We’ll be running on a modified schedule this weekend as we host the Birthfit Coach Seminar. All CrossFit group classes will run on our regular schedule, but there are a few cancellations. Check out the Schedule page to find out what’s happening.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Back Squat | NFT Work
How We Walk Depends on Who We Walk With and Where We Live NY Times
5 Benefits of Heavy Thrusters BarBend
7am w/ Jess + Katie
Snatch complex: worked up to 73#. Felt pretty good today. I like this complex! Really helpful to break down all the pulls.
WOD: 210 double unders/60-something KB swings (16kg)/30-something pull ups. Fun! Just enough rest between movements.
Hi – two extra GA tickets for Portugal The Man/Lucius at Forest Hills Saturday night. HMU if you are interested. Six four six two eight five, four zero five six.
David Osorio says
I will take free tickets to Portugal the country.
Charles Smith says
10 AM with Jess
Snatch complex up to 93#.
Bar path so much better after this
48 doubles, 239 singles.
84 swings – white bell
Happy with my consistency.
Jen Bokoff says
How did you keep such an accurate count of both doubles AND singles?! That’s talent!
David Osorio says
Interesting article link on walking characteristics. This is something I tend to think about and observe somewhat regularly. Especially being considered a very slow walker, especially for a NY. I also find it fascinating how much of our gate and general movement patterns are learned by replicating our parents/caregivers at an early age.
K HarpZ says
HEY GUYS!!!!!! SIGN UP
FOR THIS WEEKENDS SUBWAY SERIES!!!! I went to email the person organizing for the list of folks from our gym and she told me that nobody signed up from SBK! THIS MAKES ME SAD! NOBODY WANTS TO SEE K HARPZ SAD! register by 12pm tonight plz!!! Event looks Super fun