Press (Slower Down-Faster Up Tempo):
3 x 5 Linear Progression
Heavier than last week.
4 x 2
Heavier than last week. The last rep of each set should be a challenge.
Sumo Deadlift (Slower Down-Faster Up Tempo):
Fitness and Performance
After a few warm up sets, perform one heavy (but not max effort) set of 3 reps, heavier than Week 3. Keep it double overhand, but it’s okay to use a hook grip.
*Perform all sets of the Press, then move to the floor for the pulls.
Post loads to comments.
Exposure 7 of 8
Go for it! Try your best to hit the ground running and maintain intensity on this one. Thrusters should be unbroken.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Team Weight, Weight Don’t Tell Me (Jesse, Leslie, Micheline, and Jack) enjoying a well earned round of mango margs after Saturday’s Flex on the Beach event. There are a couple more pics from the day on our Flickr account. Thanks for representing CFSBK, gang!
5 Reasons to Sign Up for Fight Gone Bad 2018
Fight Gone Bad, one of our biggest and funnest community events of the year goes down on October 20th. The deadline to register is this Friday, September 21st. You may be asking yourself, “Why should I do this big crazy workout?” Here’s why!
1. FUNDRAISING: Last year, we raised over $21,000 for the Brooklyn Community Foundation (BCF), a local organization dedicated to improving the lives of people in Brooklyn by strengthening communities through local giving, grant-making, and community service. This year, we’ll be partnering with BCF again and hope to surpass last year’s donation numbers. While you don’t have to fundraise, we encourage everyone to do their best, and there will be some sweet prizes for the top fundraisers. Go here to learn more about BCF and the important work they do.
2. TEAMS: Once our registration deadline ends on the 21st, we’ll create teams consisting of 6 athletes. This is a great chance to get to know your fellow CFSBKers better and make some new gym buds. Maybe you go to 6:30pm class and have always wondered what those crazy 6am’ers are really like. Now’s your chance! Check out last year’s team photos. Jay and Bjorn almost got engaged.
3. COSTUMES: With Fight Gone Bad happening so close to Halloween, we encourage teams to come up with a fun team name and dress the part! Last year we found out what it looks like when super heroes, pirates, and a team of David Bowies look like doing CrossFit. They still make a lot of weird faces, it turns out. But hey, we also give prizes to the team with the most spirit!
4. SCALING OPTIONS: Here’s CrossFit founder Greg Glassman explaining FGB in detail in a delightfully vintage video. Worried about those 75 lb. Push Presses? Don’t! It’s a challenging workout, but we’ll have scaling options available.
5. FRIENDLY COMPETITION: It’s just fun, and you’ll have the support of your team and the crowd that always turns out to cheer! Check out Coach Fox’s blog classic “Why Compete?” for a persuasive read on the joys of competition, even if you’re not a competitive person.
News and Notes
- Tonight’s 7pm Next Level Weightlifting class is cancelled.
- From September 11th to the 23rd, Leah D. will be offering extended evening hours (until 8pm most days) for massage therapy. Go here to learn more about Leah’s services and to book an appointment.
- Have you done Fight Gone Bad in years past? What would you say to convince someone who was on the fence? Tell us in the comments!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Clean | Row, Box Jumps, DB Snatches
Dad Rigged a Rowing Machine to Power His Kids’ Video Games YouTube
Do I Need to Lose Weight to Start CrossFit? CrossFit Journal