Yesterday’s Results Board: Rest Day
How This 97-lb Woman Became the IPF’s Strongest Lifter Athlete Daily
Walt Whitman on Creativity Brain Pickings
Team Sprint/Bench Metcon
In teams of 3…
In 5 Minutes…
AMRAP Bench Press
Rest 5 minutes between rounds.
Partners run 400m together. Once all partners have returned from the run, the Bench Pressing may begin. Every lift MUST have a spotter, with one partner Bench Pressing at a time while one partner spots. Rotating through in this fashion allows for the person who just finished to have a bit of a break before spotting. The 400s should be sprints. If your 400m time is over 2 minutes, scale the distance to 270m. For the Bench you should be able to complete a set of at least 10 reps when fresh, choose an appropriate scaling option accordingly. The goal is max reps overall so finish each set a few reps short of failure. Score load and reps.
Bench Press Load Options:
A) 135 B) 115 C) 95 D) 75 E) 55 F) 35
Post load, total reps, and partners to comments.
Whatever you do, don’t invited Pearl into your house, or she might jump on your boxes and Sumo Deadlift High Pull your barbells (oh and drink your blood). One week left to sign up for Fight Gone Bad 2018, a day full of fun costumes, badass athletic feats, and fundraising for a great cause! Go HERE to get in on the fun!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Leslie B., Micheline G., Jesse M., and Jack L. are representing CFSBK today at Flex on the Beach. Let’s show them some love in the comments!
2. On Wednesday, we introduced you to Alchemy Nutrition & Wellness, a client centered coaching program that provides the structure and accountability you need to finally make nutrition work for you. It’s run by our own Coaches Jess and Chris Fox, and you can check out the program page to learn more!
3. Missing something? Maybe a water bottle, lifters, or a jump rope? It might be in our most recent lost and found dump! Be sure to claim your stuff before we donate it to CHIPs in a couple of weeks.
4. From September 11th to the 23rd, Leah D. will be offering extended evening hours (until 8pm most days) for massage therapy. Go here to learn more about Leah’s services and to book an appointment.
5. On Thursday, we brought you Subway Series Event 1 recaps from the winners of the Female Rx’d Division, Coaches Whitney Hubbard and Jess Fox. You saw them on the podium, now read about it from their perspective!
6. Sunday’s 12pm Pilates class with Karina is cancelled.