Know a lot (or a little) about nutrition but can’t seem to make it work for you consistently? Have you tried diets like Paleo, vegan, Zone, counting macros, counting calories, intermittent fasting, you name it… to no avail? Did it work while you were “good,” but was eventually too hard to maintain and you “got off track”? Programs that ask for quick, wholesale changes often end up this way. If you’re tired of starting over every few months to get “back on track” and are ready to commit to yourself for the long haul, there’s a different approach.
What we offer
Many people know what they should be eating but lack the structure necessary to do so consistently. At Alchemy Nutrition & Wellness, we use a client centered coaching program to provide the structure and accountability you need to finally make nutrition work for you. It’s not a quick-fix, short-term diet. There’s no counting, complicated meal plans, or elimination of any particular food group. Working side by side with your coach over the course of a full year, you’ll develop the habits necessary to eat better today, tomorrow, and next week, and develop skills to be healthy for life.
What results you can expect
• A healthy relationship with food and the ability to enjoy it
• A deeper understanding of what foods to eat regularly and what serving sizes are appropriate, without the need to weigh and measure
• Independence from “dieting”
• Improved body composition and overall health
• Improved self esteem and confidence in other areas of your life
Skills and habits that you’ll work on
• Goal setting and learning the difference between “what” to do and “how” to do it
• Eating mindfully and slowly, consistently
• Developing awareness of hunger cues
• Creating an energy deficit consistently (if trying to lose weight or body fat) or creating an energy surplus consistently (if trying to gain lean body mass)
• Eating high-quality, nutrient-rich foods consistently
• Getting enough protein, fat, “smart carbs,” vitamins, minerals, and nutrients
• Training consistently, frequently, and with appropriate intensity
• Improving sleep and recovery habits
Benefits of Alchemy Nutrition and Wellness Coaching
• Regular communication with your coach to keep you motivated and progressing towards your goals
• Subscription to our online software system that serves as your hub for all aspects of the program, easily accessible from a computer, tablet, or smartphone
• An easy to navigate home page that charts and tracks consistency with daily habits
• Regular objective assessments (measurements and optional photos) to track progress
• Daily lessons on a variety of topics including: cooking, nutrition, mindfulness, prioritizing your own health, and the “why” of what you’re working on to help you develop the skills and behavior patterns necessary to achieve your goals
Do I have to check in every day to be successful?
No. While the more consistent you are the better results you’ll see, we fully expect you to have times when it’s more difficult to practice your habits than others. We also know that most people’s motivation will ebb and flow a bit, and the nature of the program and order of the lessons is organized accordingly to allow for this.
How can I learn more about each Coach AND see Client Testimonials?
Nutrition Coaching Only
$150 billed monthly with a 12-month commitment
$125 prepaid with a 12-month commitment ($1500, a savings of over 15%)
Exercise Programming Add-On
Include exercise programming for an additional $50 per month! Exercise is the best accessory to nutrition for your body composition goals. Our exercise programming is individualized to your experience, goals, and level of ability. Similar to the nutrition program, you’ll learn through daily practice to build healthy exercise habits while developing a stronger body. Whether you’re a seasoned gym rat or have never exercised a day in your life, we can provide a program that meets you where you’re at and challenges you appropriately.
A former natural foods chef, Christian Fox left the restaurant world (where he and Jessica met) in 2002, went back to school for Exercise Science, and has been working in the fitness industry as a trainer and coach for over 12 years now while earning dozens of related certifications. He’s a PN Level 1 Coach, a senior coach and director of programming at CrossFit South Brooklyn, where he’s had the pleasure of working since 2009. He’s gone from being an unhealthy and overweight child (soda, chips, and fast food, please!), to an unhealthy and underweight adult (vegan food and yoga only, please!), to a “fit but fat” adult (I workout and lift weights, I eat whatever I want!). Nowadays he maintains a healthy, well rounded fitness using CrossFit and healthy eating. His approach to nutrition and wellness is down to earth and made to fit your lifestyle. He loves greens with garlic and beans, and has a weak spot for a well poached egg.
Growing up on a steady diet of Mexican rice & beans and American fast food, Jessica Fox relied on her year-around involvement in sports to keep her weight in check. That changed in college when activity levels dropped and the “freshman fifteen” turned more like the “freshman forty”. Thanks to a college roommate, she got a job at vegetarian restaurant which not only opened her eyes to the wonderful world of vegetables but introduced her to her future husband. She thanks him for introducing her to CrossFit South Brooklyn where she has been a Full-time coach and Administrative Director since 2010. Along with being a PN Level 1 Coach in Nutrition, she also has numerous certifications in CrossFit and strength training. Over the years, Jessica has fluctuated between the “party like a freshman” to the “paleo/zone/iifym is gold” to the “eat like a powerlifter” mindset. Using the same principles that she uses with her clients, she has happily settled on a balanced approach to nutrition and wellness which has put her at her healthiest self yet. She loves cottage cheese with fruit and a little granola and could eat it everyday for breakfast.
At Alchemy Nutrition & Wellness, Jessica and Christian hope to bring their experiences and knowledge to clients everywhere. With us, you’ll learn basic principles to make long term positive adaptations to your wellness and nutrition.