PLATE WATCH: A young Coach Keith and friends made a PSA about saving the 10 lb bumpers from needless bailing #savethetens
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Want to get better at Olympic lifting? We’ve added 2 additional Next Level Weightlifting Club classes from 12 to 1:30pm on Wednesdays and Fridays, and this afternoon’s class is free! See Wednesday’s post for more details.
2. We have new batch of videos coming out over the next few weeks, and this first one focuses on the humble Push-Up. Whether you’re a novice or a grizzled veteran, we could all benefit from a little refresher on this classic movement!
3. Coach Fox’s latest post for our friends at Beyond the Whiteboard, “Coaching the ‘Older’ Athlete,” went up this week. It draws on his experience running our Fit 55+ program, and as usual, it’s full of insight and wit. Check it out!
4. Celebrate mid-summer with your CFSBK buds. On Saturday, July 21st, we will be hosting a potluck at Prospect Park. Come lounge on the grass, throw some frisbee, toss the ol’ pigskin, and hang out with your gym buds. What better way to spend a Saturday?
5. From July 17th through August 28th, we’ll be offering an additional CrossFit Preteens (ages 8-12) class at 11am on Tuesdays to help keep your kiddos active over the summer. Go here to read more about our youth programs!
6. CFSBKers Maria H. and Courtney C. host a biweekly comedy series called Butterscotch Comedy. The show happens at the Greene Grape Annex, and the next one goes down on July 19th at 7:30pm. Check it out!
Do You Want to Be Known for Your Writing or Your Swift Email Responses? Catapult
How to Get Back in the Gym After a Long Hiatus Girls Gone Strong