Fit55 @ Home is the online version of our strength and conditioning class for older adults. These classes are appropriate for anyone who wants to train with their peers in a class programmed for their needs. Research points to development of chronic disease in older populations not as a consequence of aging alone, but as a product of decreased activity and less-than-healthy lifestyle choices. Fit 55 to the rescue! All classes include a warm up, a circuit intended to build strength and bone density, and finishes with a conditioning circuit designed to improve cardiovascular health. No experience or equipment is required.
Check out CrossFit HQ’s video on Fit 55+ from their Inside CrossFit South Brooklyn series!
Fit 55+ At-Home Membership options:
- Virtual Single class Drop in: $15
- Virtual 10 class Punch Card: $150
- Virtual 55+ Monthly Recurring $125
(includes unlimited access to our Virtual Fit 55+, Yoga, Pilates, Active Recovery and Mindfulness classes)
All FIT55+ At-Home classes will be held in a private Zoom room, which can be easily accessed by using the below link and password:
Fit 55+ Zoom Link
To access our virtual classes, you’ll have to sign up and download the Zoom app to whatever device you’re using.
All participants of our virtual Zoom classes will need to pre-register via Zen Planner for each class. This means that members will need to have an active CFSBK membership (recurring or punch card) or will need to purchase a membership in order to attend. Membership options, instructions on how to RSVP, and our most up-to-date class schedule are outlined below.
LOGGING IN AND RESERVING A CLASS
To help streamline the process, all members are required to register for each class in advance. Registration will provide the member with the Zoom link and password to each class.
- To log in to your Zen Planner (ZP) account we strongly encourage you to download the member app; however, you can also go here to sign in.
- Once you log in, the page will default on your Profile page. Any active memberships will be displayed here.
- To register for a class you will go to Calendar and click into the class you want to reserve. If you have a membership that can be applied towards this class the blue “reserve” button will appear on the right side of the page. Clicking this button will add you into the class with your membership.
- If you do not have a membership that is eligible for this class, the membership and drop-in options will display. You can select the option you would like and complete the process.
- If you want to see the classes you are registered for you can view this on the calendar or on your profile page. Classes you are reserved for will display with a star on the class. Or if you go to your profile page, under reservations to see them all displayed in list view.
- Members will be allowed to Register for classes up to 7 days in advance. Members also have the option to Cancel the class via ZP without penalty provided it is 24hrs in advance.