1 Mile Run
1 Mile Run
In memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005. This workout was one of Mike’s favorites and he’d named it “Body Armor.” It is now referred to as “Murph” in honor of the focused warrior and great American who wanted nothing more in life than to serve this great country and the beautiful people who make it what it is. Partition the Pull-Ups, Push-Ups, and Squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run. If you’ve got a twenty pound vest or body armor, wear it.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Murph Day 2018 Is Here!
All regularly scheduled classes (including AM Open Gym) are cancelled today for Murph Day. Here’s all the other important stuff you need to know!
- If you’d like to learn more about Michael Murphy and the origins of “Murph,” this is a great place to start.
- 190 CFSBKers are registered to do “Murph” today, but there are still a few spots left in several heats. You can sign up here! If you decide not to do it at the last minute, please delete your name from the spreadsheet so someone else can take your place.
- Since there’s no charge for this workout (the class won’t be deducted from your weekly limit), we suggest that you make a $20 (or more!) donation to K9s for Warriors in lieu of class payment. Thanks to all who have donated! We’ll have a kiosk set up to accept donations at the gym today, or you can go HERE to support this terrific cause.
- For scaling options and game plans, see Coach Fox’s very useful post, “Murph Is For Everybody.”
- Shooting to get on the leaderboard for “Murph”? You’ll have to do it in a weighted vest (20/14 lbs), and be sure to let a coach know that you’re going for it before your heat starts.
- CFSBK will provide a keg, burgers, and sausages, but please bring more delicious foods, especially side dishes!