4 Rounds for Time:
16 Alternating Dumbbell Power Snatches
3 Ring Muscle-Ups or 9 Burpees
6 Minute Cap. Choose a load that challenges you for the Dumbbell Power Snatch.
5 Rounds for Time:
10 Dumbbell Hang Cleans (5 left, 5 right)
5 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
6 Minute Cap. Choose a load that challenges you for the Dumbbell Hang Power Cleans. Scale to Jumping Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups as needed.
5 Rounds for Time:
2 Deadlifts 365/255
6 Strict Handstand Push-Ups
6 Minute Cap. The Deadlift should be heavy for you. Scale to up to 2 AbMats (as long as you get some range of motion) or to Hand Release Push-Ups as needed.
Post times and Rx to comments.
Nothing but smiles at last year’s Murph Day! 😉
7 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MURPH DAY 2018
1. Murph Day is THIS MONDAY! This is one of our biggest and best community events of the year, when we perform the classic CrossFit Hero WOD “Murph” followed by some grilling, side dishes, and beers. Because we’ll be running heats from 8am to 1pm, all other classes are cancelled. If you’ve been on the fence, there’s still time to get in on the fun. 161 CFSBKers have signed up to participate. Join us here!
2. CFSBK and many other affiliates do “Murph” on Memorial Day in memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005. If you’d like to learn more about Michael Murphy and where this workout comes from, this is a great place to start.
3. What is “Murph”? How should you approach it? All of the answers are in a recent post, in which Coach Fox lays out some scaling options.
4. Since there’s no charge for this workout (the class won’t be deducted from your weekly limit), we suggest that you make a donation to K9s for Warriors in lieu of class payment. Go HERE to support this terrific cause, or donate at the gym on Monday.
5. Additionally, CFSBK will donate $5 of each Murph Day t-shirt we sell to K9s for Warriors! We’re offering a brand new design this year!
6. CFSBK will provide one keg, burgers, and sausages, but please feel free to BYOB and more delicious foods, especially side dishes!
7. Shooting to get on the leaderboard for “Murph”? You’ll have to do it in a weighted vest (20/14 lbs), and be sure to let a coach know that you’re going for it before your heat goes off.
NEWS AND NOTES
Sunday Evening Open Gym (5/27) will be cancelled tomorrow!!
“Make Failure Your Fuel”: Abby Wambach’s Bard Commencement Address Time
Squat Because Your Brain Needs Strong Legs Breaking Muscle
Strong Fit, aka turning Park Slopers into farm animals:
Whoa, dragging the sled on the sidewalk is HARD and dragging the tire is beyond me. Connan carries had us all wondering how they do it at strongman competitions, since keeping the equipment in place proved challenging. 3RM push press, on the other hand, went great! I got to 55#, a weight I failed the last time we did these (February or March).
I was so toast after the sled sprints that I bailed on 9 AM Short Circuit, but after a cold drink and a snack at Root Hill I decided I could handle it and came back for 10 AM. Glad I did!
Their setup is “a little” different…
All the stuff Stella said above:
Conan’s Wheel – 2 trips at 110lbs
BFT Harness Drag – this was both fun and funny!
DB PP 3RM – Made the 75 on both sides, 90 for 3 on my right twice, and failed the 3rd rep at 90 on my right twice 🙁
Rx’d with a 50# DB and 365# BB
5:03 – 5:01 – 4:30