Sara B. representing CFSBK in Cuba. “I am in Guantanamo to monitor, analyze and critique Military Commission hearings and process,” she writes “an opportunity for which I am grateful. I would be happy to talk your ear off about promoting rights-respecting national security policies and the right to a fair trial.”
This Week at CFSBK in Review
Holy crap. A lot of important stuff happened on the blog this week. Allow us to recap…
1. We’re now just 6 days away from the start of the CrossFit Open. We’re currently hovering around 130 CFSBKers registered, but we still need more folks to sign up to reach our goal of 200. Go here to do that!
2. We’ll also be bringing back our Open Intramural League. This is a totally voluntary, totally fun, and very low pressure way to add an element of camaraderie and friendly competition to the Open. You don’t need to be “good enough” or do the workouts as Rx’d to contribute points to your team. If you want to participate, please fill out this survey!
3. CFSBK is excited to partner with our friends at beyond the whiteboard to provide digital workout tracking for our affiliate! Members are able to access each day’s workout on the app or desktop site, both of which provide tons of data, gym leaderboards, and a variety of other cool tracking parameters. See Tuesday’s post to find out how you can take advantage of this service that we’re offering to CFSBK members for FREE.
4. Abbotsford Road Coffee (right around the corner on Sackett between 3rd and Nevins) is now offering CFSBK members and employees a free upsize (e.g., a large for the price of a small) on their excellent coffee! Just show your membership scan card at the register. (You do have a scan card, don’t you?)
5. On Wednesday, Coach Brett talked about overcoming his mental struggles when it comes to competition and offered some tips on how you can have FUN during the open! You can look forward to more writing from Brett throughout the Open.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Clean and Jerk | Row, DB Burpees
What Makes Ice Dancing Different? Deadspin
A Message to Masters CrossFit Journal