Ring Muscle-Up Work
Choose one of the following options based on skill/strength…
1) 4-5 Sets:
2-3 False Grip Ring Rows
2-3 Ring Dips with a 3 second down
Make the Ring Rows challenging. Be sure to pass through the bottom of a deep Dip. If you can’t perform a Dip, jump to support and lower down for a 3 count. Alternately, perform 6 Push-Ups with a 3 second down, followed by a 10 second Ring Support.
2) 4-5 Sets:
2-3 Low Ring Band or Leg-Assisted Muscle-Ups
Be sure to pass through the bottom of a deep Dip before pressing out.
3) DIY or:
Kip Swings, a few Dips, then…
1 Strict Muscle-Up
1 Kipping Muscle-Up
Post work to comments.
The barbell should be heavy. Scale volume on the Muscle-Ups as needed if you can’t perform sets of 2-5 reps when fresh.
The barbell weight should be medium-heavy for you. Unbroken on the fast end but 2-3 sets is ok. Scale the Dips to Push-Ups as needed.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Post work to comments.
David presents Coach Lauren with the rare and coveted black hoodie at Saturday’s Community Potluck. Congrats, Snickers!
Photos from Saturday are now up on our Flickr account! Here are just some of our favs:
- Stella gets the karaoke started with The Pretenders.
- If it’s possible for Celine Dion to get more serious, well… let’s just say that shit got serious.
- Mike and Karina perform a duet. They’ll be taking their Tom Petty cover band to a casino near you.
- Lynsey gets the audience involved. Need a Shania Twain impersonator? Lynsey’s got ya covered.
- Coach Keith takes us on a little trip down Thunder Road. He’s a beauty and he’s alright.
- “Fitness is Carned.” (No, that’s not a typo.)
- Adele and Ariel will survive.
- The digital lighters come out.
- Scaramouche Scaramouche, will you do the fandango?
- Katie, Coach Jess, and Jess B. reenact the car scene from Wayne’s World.
Thanks again to everyone who came out to make it a great night!
News and Notes
- Our Articles & Media page has been updated and somewhat reorganized to make it more navigable! There’s a wealth of excellent resources spanning many years of blog posts, so be sure to poke around!
- Part 5 of Coach KHarpz’s excellent series she’s writing for our friends at Beyond the Whiteboard is up! As the title suggests, “WZA: Shaking the Scaries” deals with her experience at Wodapalooza 2018. You don’t wanna miss this one!
- The blog is looking for some intrepid CFSBKers who have done the CrossFit Open in the past and would like to contribute to an upcoming feature. You’ll just be asked to write 2 or 3 sentences about your experience, so it won’t take up much of your time. Please email your blog editor at Josh [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com if you’re interested!