In teams of 2 with one partner working at a time…
AMRAP 20 Minutes:
100 Calories Rowed
80 Dumbbell Push Presses 50/35
80 Dumbbell Deadlifts 50/35
Scale the Toes-to-Bars to Hanging Leg Raises as needed. The Deadlift should be medium-heavy for you, something you could perform a set of 10+ reps of when fresh. DO NOT drop dumbbells from overhead on the Push Presses. Maintain contact on the handles until the dumbbells are on the floor.
Post rounds, reps, Rx and partner to comments.
Tonight, the bouncy castle returns! The Community Potluck starts at 7pm and will bounce on until around 10. We’ll have food (of course), board games, and karaoke. See yesterday’s post for all the details!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Our new 8-week training cycle, which will take us through the end of the CrossFit Open, dropped on Monday. Don’t forget that you can always see what’s happening in group classes over on the Current Programming Cycle page!
2. Check out this very useful Ask a Coach video on how you should be balanced in the Back Squat, Overhead Squat, and Front Squat. Is there something you’d like to see us address in a future video? Let us know in the comments!
3. Well, well, well. It looks like we have a bunch of your stuff again. But we want to give it back! Check out our latest lost and found clean-out, and be sure to claim your possessions before we donate them to CHIPS in a couple of weeks.
4. “I don’t want to sell memberships. I want to be a coach, and I want to have community.” That’s our very own Captain Osorio making us proud once again in “A New York Decade,” CrossFit Journal‘s in-depth interview on his 10-plus years of running CFSBK. Just read it!
5. The next Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge Lecture and Q&A is tomorrow, February 4th at 12pm in the Annex. See the event page for details!
6. In another fun installment of Better Know a Member, we learned more about one of our Fit 55ers, Trisha Buckley. “Mama Buckley” is a super cool Park Slope native who reads tarot cards and inspires everyone in class. She might just inspire you, too!
7. Last but not least, REGISTER FOR THE DANG CROSSFIT OPEN! Our goal is to have 200 CFSBKers participate this year. We’ll have info about this year’s Open Intramural Team Competition very soon…