Coach Brett had his game face on while representing team 2 Legit 2 Quit at one of last year’s Friday Night Lights events. FNL is one of many great reasons to register for the CrossFit Open! | Photo by Thomas H.
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Still on the fence (the proverbial one, not the invisible one we step over during DROMs)? On Tuesday we offered some reasons why you should take part in the Open this year! We’re aiming to have 200 CFSBKers participate. Let’s make it happen!
2. Our annual Community Potluck is just over a week away. We’re excited to share delicious foods and see how everyone cleans up. Let us know what you plan to bring by leaving a comment on the event page!
3. What’s up with those stretchy bands that are in with the mobility gear? Check out this quick video on how you can work TheraBands into your routine!
4. In the latest chapter of Better Know a Member, we got to know Upright Citizen, talented bowler, and all-around good guy Corey B.!
5. “Some of us can self evaluate, assess where we need more work and flexibility, and get to it. Most of us, myself included, cannot.” That’s from Coach Fox‘s latest post at Beyond the Whiteboard. It’s called “Older, Fitter: Little Tips for a Long CrossFit Life,” and you should give it a read!
6. In case you missed it, we’ll be running on a modified schedule this weekend while we host the CrossFit Level 1 Certificate Course. Everything you need to know is over on the Schedule page. We’re adding a second Short Circuit class on Saturday to meet your fitness needs!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Snatch | Open Workout 13.1
The Mysterious Interior World of Exercise NY Times
Breathing Air Before Fire CrossFit Journal