Through the magic of computers, Alex B. takes Coach Whit on a wild ride through time, space, and the panda exhibit. We’re not sure exactly what this is, but we love the hell out of it and so will you!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
Lots of important stuff happened this week. Recap time!
1. The next Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge Lecture and Q&A is this Sunday, January 21st at 12pm in the Annex. This week’s lecture will focus on the question, “How does recovery (or a lack thereof) affect my performance and body composition?” See the event page for additional details.
2. Save the date: Our Community Potluck goes down on Saturday, February 3rd! We’re excited to get everyone in house to break bacon and socialize together outside of classes. This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together.
3. CFSBKers turned in some truly impressive competition results over the weekend. Coach KHarpz brilliantly represented CFSBK at Wodapalooza in Miami. When all was said and done, she placed 15th on the Intermediate Women leaderboard. And longtime Starting Strengther Dan Crapanzano won both the Masters 2 group and Best Overall Masters lifter at the USSF National Championships in Oakland. Congrats, guys! You make us proud!
5. Sometimes it’s good to go back to basics. In our latest Ask a Coach video, we provide some tips on a classic CrossFit movement: the Kettlebell Swing!
6. Starting this coming week, we’ll be adding Jiu Jitsu Open Mat hours on Tuesdays from 4 to 6pm. This is a supplemental and informal training session for current students and practitioners with at least a fundamental knowledge of jiu jitsu. Details are in Tuesday’s post!
7. Kayleigh R.’s school is hosting its annual College and Career Day on Thursday, February 1, and they are looking for volunteers to come speak to groups of students about their job and career path. Interested? Email krose [at] sunsetparkhighschool.org for more info.
8. Better Know a Member returned this week with a profile of Jaime C.! You can look forward to more profiles of our wonderful, kind, interesting members in the coming weeks!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Snatch | Deadlift, Push-Ups
How to Fight the Winter Blues Effectively Nestmaven
Everything You Know About Cheese Is a Lie The Outline