The Fairy WOD Mothers at Fight Gone Bad 2015. Today is the last day to register for Fight Gone Bad 2017, one of our biggest and funnest community events of the year. Get clickin’ and sign up, gang!
The Week at CFSBK in Review
1. As you may have noticed, our recently begun 8-week training cycle includes a couple of new standardized warm up movements. On Monday we posted this video of Captain Osorio demonstrating Single-Arm High Pulls and Single-Arm Kettlebell Swings. Keep a look out for more videos over the next few weeks!
2. On Tuesday, the very same Captain Osorio wrote a moving post to commemorate the official 10th anniversary of CFSBK. Our 10th Anniversary Party is just over a week away, and we can’t wait to see you there!
3. We caught up with former 7am’er Jake B., who built a garage gym modeled after CFSBK and continues to do our programming from Philly!
4. Inka H. is back in Brooklyn for a hot minute and available to do some bodywork at CFSBK. Many members can attest to her magic! She’ll be offering sessions at the gym today. Please email her directly for times and to set up appointments: inka.hodes [at] gmail [dot] com. Both 1 hour ($100) and 1.5 hour ($140) sessions are available.
5. Missing something? The photo from our latest lost and found dump is now up on our Flickr account. Claim your stuff before we donate it to CHIPs in two weeks!
6. The 2nd event of this years NYC Subway Series is at CrossFit Queens on September 3oth, and judging from the recent workout announcements, it’s going to be a killer day! There’s still time to register here. Represent CFSBK and be a part of the BLACK TIDE!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Clean | Double-Unders, C2B Pull-Ups, Burpees
Tom Brady’s “The TB12 Method” Is Hefty but Short on Science NY Times
Individual Variation in Weightlifting Catalyst Athletics