The Fairy WOD Mothers at Fight Gone Bad 2015. Today is the last day to register for Fight Gone Bad 2017, one of our biggest and funnest community events of the year. Get clickin’ and sign up, gang!
The Week at CFSBK in Review
1. As you may have noticed, our recently begun 8-week training cycle includes a couple of new standardized warm up movements. On Monday we posted this video of Captain Osorio demonstrating Single-Arm High Pulls and Single-Arm Kettlebell Swings. Keep a look out for more videos over the next few weeks!
2. On Tuesday, the very same Captain Osorio wrote a moving post to commemorate the official 10th anniversary of CFSBK. Our 10th Anniversary Party is just over a week away, and we can’t wait to see you there!
3. We caught up with former 7am’er Jake B., who built a garage gym modeled after CFSBK and continues to do our programming from Philly!
4. Inka H. is back in Brooklyn for a hot minute and available to do some bodywork at CFSBK. Many members can attest to her magic! She’ll be offering sessions at the gym today. Please email her directly for times and to set up appointments: inka.hodes [at] gmail [dot] com. Both 1 hour ($100) and 1.5 hour ($140) sessions are available.
5. Missing something? The photo from our latest lost and found dump is now up on our Flickr account. Claim your stuff before we donate it to CHIPs in two weeks!
6. The 2nd event of this years NYC Subway Series is at CrossFit Queens on September 3oth, and judging from the recent workout announcements, it’s going to be a killer day! There’s still time to register here. Represent CFSBK and be a part of the BLACK TIDE!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Clean | Double-Unders, C2B Pull-Ups, Burpees
Tom Brady’s “The TB12 Method” Is Hefty but Short on Science NY Times
Individual Variation in Weightlifting Catalyst Athletics
AMRAP 10 Minutes:
30 Deadlifts 225/155/95
Partners divide the reps however desired.
Rest 5 Minutes
AMRAP 10 Minutes:
10 Power Cleans 115/75/45
5 Handstand Push-Ups
Partners alternate full rounds.
Rest 5 Minutes
800m Partner Run
80 Front Squats 115/75/45
The Deadlifts in the first workout should be medium-heavy and definitely broken up. Scale the Pistols to 2x Forward Lunges as needed. The Power Cleans in the 2nd workout should be light and unbroken on the fast end. Scale the Handstand Push-Ups to Box Piked or to heavy Dumbbell Presses as needed. On the 3rd workout, both partners must be back from the run before any Front Squat reps count. Break up the Front Squats however desired.
Post rounds, reps (or time), Rx, and partner for each workout.
kate tk says
Giving serious side eye to the first AMRAP for tomorrow. Though at least it’s not in the sand???
OMG. I read it while half asleep earlier and briefly went into shock. No sand, but still just as brutal.
I would say perhaps worse cause I can deadlift faster not in the sand so heart rate will be more elevated so pistols will be harder.
Brad D says
Lots of make-up posts:
Tempo Squats at 225-235-245
NFT work 4.5 rounds with ring L-sits. Gross
Tall Cleans: 135-145-155-165-175
Hip Cleans: 185-195-205-215-225; resetting a good hook grip is my limiter here
Metcon in 9:56. Double-unders and C2BPU are good for me, and although I hate burpees, I can gut it out for 10.
This morning at AMOG in 608 – makeup of Monday’s workout:
Press: 95-95-95; still a little bit of room here, but not a lot.
Stiff Legged DL: 165-165-165
Metcon: 7:46 Rx. Someday I’ll be able to do toes to bar… but not today
6am with Whitney doing Saturday’s Work
Partnered with Roy on this.
AMRAP 1 – 4 Rounds @ 225
I did scaled (Forward lunges) while Roy did Pistols. Flex was almost a week ago, but I still feel it a bit.
AMRAP 2 – 9 Rounds + 1 @ 115
I went for Box piked and Roy did HSPUs. Whitney did catch that I was coming down incorrectly during my Box Piked HSPUs. This explains why I always end up hurting my shoulder/rotator cuff. I’ll need to work on this for the future.
For Time – 8:52 @ 115
This was tough after all the previous work. The run wasn’t too bad. First 40 Front Squats in sets of 10, last 40 in sets of 5.
Overall , this was a fun one. Got a little sloppy during the Front squats, but it was still manageable.
OHS: 83×3, 93×3, 103×3, 113×3
Just wanted to work up to a heavy triple, ran out of time to push it more.
Partner WODz with Courtney. We both noted how each workout had different strengths and weaknesses for each of us – I like the balance in these sorts of workouts for myself to focus on my limitations. Kept the pace tough, but still conversational.
AMRAP 1 (Flex Deja Vu) Rx
4 rounds + 8 pistols. Mainly sets of 5 on everything, then started to mix it up at the end.
11 rounds – I scaled to 2 abmats. We might have broken the rules for the last round and split the work to make it fit. Power cleans unbroken. Managed to do all HSPUs unbroken as well – huge for me.
Run + FSQ: Finished in 8:17. Started with a set of 20, then 10s.
A) AMRAP 12 mins- 80% effort
150′ Farmer’s Carry (red KB)
3 wall walks
5 box jumps, 24″
B) AMRAP 8 mins- 85% effort
5 rounds here too. TTB were rusty at first but then I remembered how to do them.
C)500m row- for time
Went out too fast.
Looking forward to Group Class tomorrow!