“Dear Diary— Today I was a TFBA” | Photo by Thomas H.
This Week at CFSBK in Review
Feeling crushed by Crush Week? Too tired to scroll back through this week’s posts? Well, kick back and let us do the work for you…
1. CrossFit Journal will be at the gym over the weekend to shoot content for a series about affiliation, best practices, and lessons learned from affiliates that have been operating for a decade (that’s us!). Give ’em some CFSBK love!
2. Our friends at CrossFit Queens are organizing the next in their series of “Hail to the…” competitions, Hail to the Team! This partner competition takes place on Saturday, July 15th from 12 to 5pm and it will feature 25 men’s and 25 women’s teams of 2 in the Scaled and Rx categories. We’d love to see as many CFSBKers as possible sign up! See Monday’s post for details.
3. Coach David discussed our CrossFit Preschool program in the latest issue of Box Pro. In “How to Run a Preschool Class,” David talks to Heather Hartmann about the ins and outs of running a fitness class for 3 and 4-year-olds. Check it out!
4. Save the date! On Friday, July 21st at 8pm (after Open Gym), a CFSBK Movie Night returns. And we want you to help us pick the movie! Head on over to the event page to vote.
5. On Sunday, July 16th, CFSBK will again host a Bulletproof Assessment Workshop. At a Bulletproof Workshop, Active Life doctors and coaches take you through the Athlete’s Hierarchy of Needs to identify flexibility, mobility, and strength balance limitations that can lead to injury or are currently limiting your performance. Go here for more info and to sign up!
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Clean | Burpees, Front Squats, C2B Pull-Ups
The Reason Coffee Helps You Get Going Farnam Street
Alessandra Pichelli’s CrossFit Games Training Playlist Morning Chalk Up