From our Instagram account: “Some rad visitors stopping by CFSBK today! The one and only @dannybroflex aka @dan_bailey9 as well as @zogdogg who was visiting from @crossfitinvictus and repping a great cause called @555fitness check it out!”
This Week in Review at CFSBK
1. Diapers & Dumbbells, a postpartum fitness class designed to help new mothers safely return to exercise, connect with other parents, and develop the strength they need to support their growing babies, kicked off this week! See the program page for more details, and spread the word!
2. Registration for the 2017 CrossFit Open started a couple of weeks ago. We want you to sign up! In fact, we’re shooting to have 100 CFSBKers register for this year’s Open. On Monday, we offered a few reasons why you should do it.
3. KLove is January’s CFSBK Athlete of the Month. Congrats, Kelly!
4. Coach Fox checked in with Andrew S. and Steph M. to find out how the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge is going. Spoiler alert: it’s going well!
5. CFSBK is looking for new talent to staff our beloved Front Desk! Responsibilities include handling inquires from walk-ins, managing basic membership issues, light cleaning/organization, and other miscellaneous duties. We will be interviewing this month and hiring a new staff member for immediate training. Perks include a comped membership and all the Nespresso you can drink. See Wednesday’s post for more details.
6. Interested in volunteering for Iron Maidens? We’d love your help on this very fun day! There are a variety of ways to be involved. Fill out this volunteer form to learn more and share your availability. Check out photos from last year’s event to get a sense of what it’s all about.
7. Finally, we bought you the first installment of this year’s Iron Maidens of CFSBK series, and Allison K. knocked this interview out of the park. This year, our goal is to raise $50,000 to pay for 70% of college tuition for students in the College Prep program at the Bronx-based Grace Outreach, and we need your help to reach that goal! You can donate to a lifter’s campaign by going here.
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Clean and Jerk | Hang Cleans, Double-Unders
How To Do the Shortest Workout Possible NY Times
Hell of an Injury, Attitude of an Angel CrossFit