Every class at CFSBK provides you with some physical education via movement reviews, demonstrations and, most importantly, individualized feedback from coaches. Our goal is to guide you towards the safest, best, and most productive way to get fit in the hour you’re with us
This Week at CFSBK in Review
This is it: the last “This Week at CFSBK in Review” of 2016 (whew)! Even in the midst of the holidays, a lot happened this week. Let’s take this old thing for one last spin…
1. The Look, Feel, Perform Better Capacity Test WOD is programmed for tomorrow, which means you can do it in both today and tomorrow’s classes! This is a requirement if you’re planning to do the Challenge.
2. The LFPB Challenge kicks off this Monday, January 2nd, but you have until Thursday, January 5th to sign up. See Tuesday’s post for info on how to get started and Francine D.‘s reflections on last year’s Challenge.
3. Don’t forget to save the date for the CFSBK Community Potluck on January 28th. This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the LFPB Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together.
4. We are excited to be hosting the Starting Strength Seminar again this April 21-23! Also, as Rob U. pointed out in Monday’s comments, earlybird registration for the Spring Starting Strength Challenge is now open! The event takes place on April 2nd at CrossFit Gantry in Long Island City. Go here to sign up!
5. Tomorrow’s 11am Active Recovery and 2pm Comp Classes are cancelled. To see the rest of our New Year’s schedule changes, go to the Class Schedule page.
Question of the Day: What goal (or goals) did you accomplish this year? Tell us in the the comments!
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Double Unders, Cleans
8 Ways to Avoid Getting Shanked by Other Weightlifters Catalyst Athletics
How Carrie Fisher Championed Mental Health Rolling Stone