In this workout you move from each of five stations after a minute. Today’s WOD is 4 Rounds of the following stations:
- Double Unders: a: Doubles b: Singles divided by 2
- Kettlebell Swings: a: 20kg b: 12kg
- Dumbbell Squat Cleans: a: 30lbs b: 20lbs
- Push-press: a:65lbs b:45lbs
The clock does not reset or stop between exercises. On call of
"rotate," the athletes must move to next station immediately for good
score. One point is given for each rep.
Great work to all the CrossFit South Brooklyn beginners who did an awesome job today learning the CF WU and getting a taste of Cindy. Please remember to do your homework and read "What is Fitness?" by Greg Glassman.
I’m a big fan of minimalist approaches to fitness. Check out this video of "The Patch", an awesome tool for functional and athletic training. Many of the exercises performed here can be mimicked in a playground whenever you find yourself gym-less or in the mood for some fresh air and free movement.
Max Rounds in 20 Minutes of:
OH Walk Across the Lyceum
Walking Lunges Across the Lyceum
Completion of the complex counts as one rep. Load up a barbell get moving.
1. Our beginners program just filled up! Coaches Allison, Jacinto and myself are very excited to take our new athletes through CrossFit South Brooklyn’s first Foundations Class. Please introduce yourself to your new teammates on Sunday morning.
2. Check out this article by Jon from AgainFaster (our primary equipment provider) about his experience with the POSE running method. Coach Allison was at the Cert as well and will be doing some Pose work with us in the near future. As it gets nicer out we will be taking some field trips to Prospect Park and the Red Hook fields for some outdoor CrossFitting.
3. Just in case anyone didn’t get the email last month, please send me a list of 1-2 songs which you enjoy working out to and I will add them to the WOD play list. Songs do not have to be Work/Family Safe however practice common sense when making your selections.
4. Our next addition will be another Saturday Group class. Please email me what times would be ideal for you to train and we will work around popular demand. (and the lyceum schedule) The new class will be added in 6-8 weeks. While it’s a little trickier to get more Sunday classes at the Lyceum, we’ll do our best to add a second group class on Sundays as well.
3 Rounds For Time of:
25 Box Jumps 26"
25 Dumbbell Burpees 20lbs.
25 (r1) Sandbag Jump Squats (r2) Jump Squats (r3) Squats
Just a few more days to sign up for the beginners program!! Please email David@CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com for more information or to sign up.
John, Michele, Clesier and Erik on burpees
Tabata Something Else"
Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds
of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are
push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8
intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.
Score equals max repetitions of all exercises.
Saturday Morning Group Class
3 attempts at 1RM Back Squat, Press and Deadlift.
Your CFT is the sum of your best cleared lift on each movement. Competition standards and procedure were enforced by the coaches to ensure valid scores. The CFT is an extremely valuable metric by which our athletes can gauge their functional strength.
Congrats to Jeremy on a CFT of 1075