Road Warriors Workout White Board Explanation 3.29.20
3 Rounds Not for Time:
20 Tall Plank to Down Dog Alternating Toe Touch
20 Walking Lunges
20 Hollow Rocks
3.5 Mile Run (using only nasal breathing)
- Easy pace
- If you lose nasal breathing, slow down your pace or walk until you can resume nasal breathing comfortably.
- Use your favorite tracker for distance or just run for 30 minutes.
3 Minute Walk
Couch Stretch (2-3 minutes per side) and foam rolling if you’ve got it!
Post work to comments.
Throwback to this time last year: CFSBKers taking on Open Workout 19.5
This Wednesday: Herondale Farm CSA Pick Up
We are happy to announce that Herondale Farm will be continuing forth with their CSA delivery for April this Wednesday from 11:30am to 12:30pm.
Herondale would like to offer past and current CSA members the opportunity to order our products a la carte during the duration of the coronavirus crisis. At the moment they have limited availability in terms of their meat options, but hopefully, it will be enough for you all to stock up on the essentials. Herondale will only have ground meats and braising meats available (i.e., no steaks). For a complete list of their ground and braising meats visit their new website.
Herondale is also offering a few specials:
- 5LB packs of Ground Beef for $30.($6/lb) Normal retail price is $7.50/lb
- 5LB of beef Stew – $30 – Normal retail price is $9/lb
- Bacon Breakfast Sausage – 3lbs for $25. Normal retail price is $10/lb
Beef Bone Broth 16 oz – $13
Beef Bone Broth 1 Quart – $16
Chicken Broth. 16oz. -$13
Chicken Broth 1 Quart $16
They will be offering a curbside pick up at the gym from 11:30 am -12:30pm ONLY. Sanitary measures will be taken to make sure coolers and bags are clean for you. There will only be one person there to manage the flow of people. If you see other people there, please wait with a distance of at least 6 feet until it is your turn.
Question of the Day
What would be your Lip Sync Battle song? (Google: Jimmy Fallon Lip Sync Battle.)
There Are No Winners with The Biggest Loser Outside
CrossFit Announces Online Competition to Raise Cash for Affiliates Morning Chalk Up
ACTIVE RECOVERY, today at 10am
Looking forward to seeing your faces 🙂
…and listening to all the sourdough adventure!
Great AR class!
I am going to have to admit, now that I’ve watched it, that whoever said Tom Holland had the greatest Lip Sync Battle of all time was right. Though you should all still watch Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s.
Charles Smith says
Just watched it too!- Tom Holland’s was incredible.
Sorry for the long post…Was able to capture most of the chat from today’s AR. Some lip synch/karaoke gems in there!
09:58:54 From Kelly : Good morning, everyone!
09:58:55 From Coach : Good Morning!
09:59:07 From charlescsmith : Good Morning!
09:59:14 From Maria : Good Morning!!
09:59:22 From Jody Polleck : Morning!!!
09:59:30 From Amy Muckerman : Hello!
09:59:30 From Mike Iaia : Hey hey!
09:59:31 From Katherine Akiko Day : Good morning!
09:59:36 From Katherine Akiko Day : Hi maria!
09:59:50 From Maria : HI Katherine!!
10:00:12 From Joel Zimmer : Morning all
10:00:55 From charlescsmith : Emily!
10:01:54 From charlescsmith : James Corden
10:02:09 From Katherine Akiko Day : Carpool Karaoke!
10:02:12 From Katherine Akiko Day : definitely Hamilton
10:02:27 From Nidhi Jalan : ye hai Mumbai meri jaan
10:02:31 From Joel Zimmer : i think it’s lip sync battle?
10:02:35 From charlescsmith : That’s mine too! Hamilton
10:02:36 From Joel Zimmer : and i’ll follow paul rudd and go with don’t stop me now
10:02:51 From richardgreenspan : QOD – anything by The Who. Best would be Behind Blue Eyes, or Won’t get fooled again. Maybe My Generation or I Can’t Explain.
10:04:51 From todd : “Gloria” by Laura Branigan
10:16:29 From Jody Polleck : Nobody wants to hear me sing…but if I COULD Joan Jett for sure.
10:27:55 From Jody Polleck : For the Adele fans: https://youtu.be/M5azNpTwVk8
10:28:24 From F H : the homecoming queens gotta gun
10:28:32 From charlescsmith : Adele’s car pool karaoke is great
10:33:15 From Stella Z : Joseph Gordon Levitt, best lip sync battle ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwKwOKeDEL0
10:33:52 From Joel Zimmer : Tom Holland has the best lip sync battle ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0nNTklOKRA
10:34:08 From Joel Zimmer : but the paul rudd one is great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LvMeYEwWGQ
10:39:13 From Mike Iaia : if anyone needs a lacrosse ball I’ll be happy to sanitize my extra one and toss it out my window to you. Just let me know!
10:39:54 From Amy Muckerman : What was the song?
10:40:03 From Stella Z : Party in the USA!
10:40:24 From Amy Muckerman : Oh. Right. I think I heard that rumor!
10:53:02 From Stella Z : going to watch Paul Rudd do a lip sync now
10:53:07 From Katherine Akiko Day : haha stella
Matthew Leonard Cohen says
Did some running today. Probably a bit more than 3.5 miles, but I really have no idea. I should start tracking this stuff. Some thoughts:
1) Focusing on nasal breathing (and, in general, being attentive to how I am breathing) is a real game changer. I am noticing that when I start out, I have to keep a very slow and easy pace to maintain nasal breathing, but that as my run progresses I can pick up the pace without opening my mouth. Something to keep in mind during WODs. I need to start bringing my phone so I can pay attention to my pace and maybe start ramping it up day to day.
2) I get a real sense of connection with other human beings during these runs, which I really appreciate. I’m not sure that this feeling is mutual (and I’m not sure that I care if it isn’t), but just being with all of these strangers who are doing the same thing as me is really nice. I have stopped wearing headphones, which I find isolating (not a bad thing before, but I don’t need any more isolation than I am already getting right now). Trying to smile, nod, and/or send metta to everyone I pass. Every now and then I get a smile or a nod (and who knows, maybe even some metta) in return.
3) Man, runners are bad about personal space. Which I always noticed before, but it’s a lot more jarring now that I am always thinking about 6 feet of social distance. It seems to me that if you need to slow down or even stop to give someone 6 feet of space, you should do that, even if you are in “the zone” or whatever it is that runners think prevents them from changing their pace. The personal-space-non-respecters get metta, too, but it’s grumpy metta.