Heavy 5 @2111
Warm up to a single heavy 5 at tempo, slightly heavier than week 1 if able. This should be done with no misses and perfect form. The goal is to build success at moving heavy weights with near perfect form, so this should not be a true 5RM.
B) Barbell Row (Pendlay Row):
2 x 9-12
Add a few lbs to last week (or use about 30% of today’s heavy deadlift). Prioritize good movement over load.
Glen Pendlay explains the Pendlay Row: Notice that the barbel starts on the floor for each rep in these. There’s some momentum and speed off the floor yet Max’s back remains neutral and his torso remains near horizontal. If you can get into this position then perform them like this!
Barbell Row Demo: If lack of flexibility (most likely in the hamstrings) prevents you from maintaining a neutral spine with a horizontal torso and very little knee bend, then perform them like in this video. Note that the torso is still near horizontal and not “ratcheting up” with each rep. Due to grip fatigue you may have to use a lighter load for this variation.
Post loads to comments.
Week 4 of 6
AMRAP 8 Minutes:
2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12…
Single-Arm Kettlebell Swings Left
Single-Arm Kettlebell Swings Right
Kettlebell Box Step-Ups
Choose a kettlebell load and a box height that allow you to keep moving. Scale the Swings to Snatches if you’re proficient at the movement. Use the same load for the Step Overs, you may hold the bell anyhow (except for on the thigh) as long as you come to full extension with both feet on top of the box.
Post rounds, reps, and Rx to comments.
View this post on Instagram
This Week at CFSBK in Review
2. In case you missed it, we recently posted a statement outlining the measures we’re taking to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and offered some advice to members.
3. Coach David is quoted in this Wall Street Journal article on ice cross downhill athlete Amanda Trunzo’s CrossFit training. Give it a read!
4. Put yourself in the expert hands of certified Wim Hof Method Instructor Michael Christoforo to learn the 3 pillars of the Wim Hof Method: Breathing Technique, Cold Exposure, and Commitment. This time CFSBK members get 20% of the seminar. Head over to Wednesday’s post to learn more and sign up!
5. Mark your calendars and get pumped. The 2020 East Coast Gambit goes down on Saturday, June 13th! Hosted right here at CFSBK, the Gambit is a premier, single day, functional fitness competition. Head over to the East Coast Gambit website to take a look at our new teaser video.
6. Tomorrow’s 10am Yoga for Athletes class is cancelled.
How to Prevent Loneliness in a Time of Social Distancing Scientific American
What You Need to Know About the Coronavirus The Atlantic