A1) Back Squat:
5 x 3 @ 3011
A2) 3-Point Dumbbell Row:
5 x 3 @ 3011
No pause at the bottom but the turnaround should be controlled with little to no “bounce” (or torso movement in the rows). Add a few lbs to last week on both movements.
Post loads to comments.
Week 5 of 6
30 Calorie Row
Dumbbell Thrusters 50/35
Fast one today, unbroken on the fast end. Modify volume, load, and/or ROM (Chin-over-Bar or Ring Rows for the Pull-Ups) as needed.
Post time and Rx to comments.
5 Reasons to Attend the CFSBK Community Potluck
Our annual Community Potluck is slated for this Saturday, February 8th from 7pm until around 10pm. If you’ve attended in years past, you know that it’s one of our funnest events of the year! Either way here are 5 reasons to whip something up and come out to the gym:
1. COMMUNITY: Maybe you only attend evening classes and are curious about the strange creatures who attend morning classes. Now’s your chance to meet them! This event is open to everyone and all are encouraged to come. Bring your friends and family.
2. FOOD: So much delicious food! CFSBK has some serious cooks, and you won’t want to miss their dishes. Let us know what you’re bringing by posting in the comments section of the event page.
3. KARAOKE: We’ll be doing it again this year. Start practicing now! Duets are encouraged.
4. BOUNCE HOUSE: The will be one (for kids, and maybe even adults depending on how the night goes).
5. FREE DRINKS: The gym will provide some alcohol, but feel free to bring whatever else you’d like. If you’re not drinking booze and want to bring a drink, seltzer is great, too!
We also need some volunteers to help set up before and clean up afterwards. To help set up, arrive by 6:30 PM! E-mail Coach Brett at Brett [at] Crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com to let him know you’re available.
The Original Queen of CrossFit to Give Us an Heir Morning Chalk Up
Keeping Aging Muscles Fit Is Tied to Better Heart Health Later NY Times