A1) Back Squat:
3 x 5 @ 3011
A2) 3-Point DB Row:
3 x 5 @ 3011
No pause at the bottom but the turnaround should be controlled with little to no “bounce” (or torso movement in the Rows). Add a few lbs to last week as able.
Post loads to comments.
Week 4 of 6
40 Wall Balls 20/10, 14/9
20 Box Jump Overs 24/20″
10 Calorie Bike
Must be facing the box on the Jump Over and both feet must touch the top of the box at the same time, no full extension required. Start fast and aim to stay fast without blowing up.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Coach Lynsey gets the crowd going at the 2018 Community Potluck
Next Saturday: CFSBK Community Potluck!
The big event is just over a week away! This year’s Community Potluck goes down Saturday, February 8th! We’re excited to get everyone in house to break bacon and socialize together outside of classes. This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together. The fun starts at 7pm and will continue until around 10. This event is open to everyone and all are encouraged to come. Bring your friends and family!
Your dish doesn’t have to be paleo, but please try and keep the ingredients of your dish to within the guidelines of the Challenge: animal and vegetable proteins, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, starches, legumes, and whole grains are all good to go. We’ll vote on the top 3 dishes, so bring your best recipe! You may, of course, opt to bring a healthy dessert that limits the use of sugars and refined grains.
- The gym will provide some alcohol, but feel free to bring whatever else you’d like. If you’re not drinking booze and want to bring a drink, seltzer is great, too!
- If your food needs to be kept warm, you’ll need to provide your own crockpot or other method for keeping it at serving temperature. We’ve got surge protectors and extension cords.
- We’ll provide notecards so you can label your dish and list its ingredients.
- When you leave please take everything you brought with you. Do not leave any pots, pans, Tupperware, utensils, etc. They will be discarded that night.
- There will be a raffle for one free personal training session with Coach David!
- We’ll be doing karaoke again this year!
- THERE WILL ALSO BE A BOUNCE HOUSE (for kids).
- If you’d like to help out (and haven’t already been contacted) we’ll need some hands on deck putting everything away afterwards. If you stay until the end, we’d greatly appreciate some help cleaning up!
- We also need some volunteers to help set up before and clean up afterwards. To help set up, arrive by 6:30 PM! E-mail Coach Brett at Brett [at] Crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com to let him know you’re available.
- Let us know what you’re bringing by posting in the comments section of the event page.
Get your heavy-duty plates ready. We can’t wait to see you there!
Balance Across Disciplines Can Make You Great Breaking Muscles
How to Get the Most Out of Physical Therapy Outside
Stella Zawistowski says
The cough from the WOD was so, so, so much worse than the actual WOD.
Smells like agism to me, I’m going into that bounce house…who’s with me?
Chris A. says
Need adult bounce house dammit. I’m in!