A1) Half Kneeling Filly Press:
3 x 5e @ 3011
The racked kettlebell does not have to increase week to week, but choose a challenging load.
No pause at the bottom but the turnaround should be controlled with little to no “bounce.” Go a little heavier than last week.
3 x 5 @3111
Add weight to last week. Note the tempo has a 1 second pause on the floor, no touch-and-go.
Post loads to comments.
Week 3 of 6
AMRAP 10 Minutes:
20 Dumbbell Thrusters 35/20
30 Dumbbell Deadlifts 35/20
Modify volume on the Pull-Ups or to Ring Rows as needed. The dumbbell load should be medium-heavy, unbroken on the faster end.
Post rounds, reps, and Rx to comments.
Have you been practicing your karaoke?!
February 8th: Community Potluck!
The big event is just over TWO WEEKS away! This year’s Community Potluck goes down Saturday, February 8th! We’re excited to get everyone in house to break bacon and socialize together outside of classes. This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together. The fun starts at 7pm and will continue until around 10. This event is open to everyone and all are encouraged to come. Bring your friends and family!
Your dish doesn’t have to be paleo, but please try and keep the ingredients of your dish to within the guidelines of the Challenge: animal and vegetable proteins, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, starches, legumes, and whole grains are all good to go. We’ll vote on the top 3 dishes, so bring your best recipe! You may, of course, opt to bring a healthy dessert that limits the use of sugars and refined grains.
- The gym will provide some alcohol, but feel free to bring whatever else you’d like. If you’re not drinking booze and want to bring a drink, seltzer is great, too!
- If your food needs to be kept warm, you’ll need to provide your own crockpot or other method for keeping it at serving temperature. We’ve got surge protectors and extension cords.
- We’ll provide notecards so you can label your dish and list its ingredients.
- When you leave please take everything you brought with you. Do not leave any pots, pans, Tupperware, utensils, etc. They will be discarded that night.
- There will be a raffle for one free personal training session with Coach David!
- We’ll be doing karaoke again this year!
- THERE WILL ALSO BE A BOUNCE HOUSE (for kids).
- If you’d like to help out (and haven’t already been contacted) we’ll need some hands on deck putting everything away afterwards. If you stay until the end, we’d greatly appreciate some help cleaning up!
- We also need some volunteers to help set up before and clean up afterwards. To help set up, arrive by 6:30 PM! E-mail Coach Brett at Brett [at] Crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com to let him know you’re available.
- Let us know what you’re bringing by posting in the comments section of the event page.
Get your heavy-duty plates ready. We can’t wait to see you there!
Weightlifting Personalities: Are You a Dog or a Cat? Catalyst Athletics
Why You Need More Vitamin D in the Winter The Conversation
Stella Zawistowski says
It’s good to be home after a week of traveling (in-laws and work).
I forgot that Filly press is Fridays and did a set on Wednesday at the hotel gym, which meant I didn’t really know where to go today — I used 30# DB and a 12kg KB, and I knew 35# DB would be too aggressive of a jump. So I landed on a 16kg KB and 30# DB. This was fine — very hard, but fine — but next week is going to be interesting. Maybe I’ll go for 6 reps instead of 5, or any chance we can get a 32.5# DB in the next week? 🙂
Deadlifts at 185, except I didn’t notice that I hadn’t loaded the bar properly for my first set and that was at 165. Oops. I blame mild jet lag.
WOD 3+6 Rx. My legs got tired a lot faster than I thought they would!