Dip / Romanian Deadlift Superset
A1) Matador Dip, Box Dip, or Leg Assisted Box Dip:
2 x 14-16 @ “Slower Down-Faster Up”
A2) Romanian Deadlift:
2 x 14-16 @4121
The “4121” tempo we’re using on strength work this cycle would be NO JOKE for dips, even at just bodyweight. Still, make sure to go slower on the down than the up on these. Use band assistance as appropriate or scale to a leg assisted box version to complete the sets unbroken. Rest :30 between movements and 1:00 between sets.
Post loads to comments.
Week 2 of 6
15 Box Jumps 24/20
20 Single-Arm Dumbbell/Kettlebell Thrusters, Left 50/35
15 Box Jumps
20 Single-Arm Dumbbell/Kettlebell Thrusters, Right
15 Box Jumps
40/30 Calorie Row (30/22 Cal Bike)
Post time and Rx to comments.
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. The CrossFit South Brooklyn Indoor Rowing Team is mounting its 11th annual CRASH-Bs campaign! Held in Boston each year, CRASH-Bs is the premier indoor rowing championship. The training program started this week, but there’s still time to sign up! Check out the event page for more info.
2. Throughout the years, we’ve been here to help you get your fitness on over the holidays. This year is no different! Head over to the Schedule page to see our 2019 holiday class schedule.
3. Put yourself in the expert hands of a certified Wim Hof Method Instructor to learn the 3 pillars of the Wim Hof Method: Breathing Technique, Cold Exposure, and Commitment. Find out how you can utilize oxygen and cold exposure to optimize body & mind, and learn about the underlying physiology. The Wim Hof Fundamentals workshop returns to CFSBK on December 15th!
4. Our 6th Annual Art Show will be Saturday, December 14th, and we need to know by Saturday, December 7th whether you want to participate. Go HERE for more info.
5. Coach Jeremy’s Starting Strengthers will wrap up their eight-week cycle this Sunday, November 24th starting at 2:00pm. Lifters will be testing their 1RMs in the Back Squat, Press, and Deadlift. All are welcome to come by, hang out, and do some cheering. Get ready for some massive PRs!
3 Hours of Exercise a Week May Lower Your Depression Risk NY Times
The Science of Red Meat and Health Barbell Medicine