1-1-1 (Heavy Singles)
After a thorough warm up, perform a few heavy singles. If you’re feeling good then go up to or beyond 95%. If you’re newer or haven’t Deadlifted in a while, then aim to get near 85% effort for a few singles.
Post loads to comments.
Week 6 of 6
30 Minutes for Quality:
12 Wall Ball
8 Tall Kneeling Overhead Palloff Press
4 Alternating Turkish Get-Ups
Rotate through the movements at a low intensity/aerobic pace. If you wear a HR monitoring device then aim to say below about 150 bpm. Otherwise, you should be able to breathe through your nose the entire time and/or hold a conversational pace. Choose load and height on the Wall Balls and focus on balance and efficiency. Use a light band on this Pallof variant, focusing on a strong brace of your midline. Use dumbbells or kettlebells for the Get-Ups and alternate arms on each rep.
Post work to comments.
Did Bjorn accept Jay’s ring? Find out by signing up for Fight Gone Bad 2019!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. There are just 10 days left to sign up for Fight Gone Bad. This year competitors will raise money for the Sunrise Movement, a coalition of young people who aim to stop climate change and create millions of jobs in the process. Register HERE!
2. Join us next Saturday, September 7th for The Iron Maidens Raw Open. 60 women, from CFSBK and beyond, will test their strength at Back Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift. For the 4th year in a row, Iron Maidens lifters will raise funds for the Stay Strong Scholarship, which supports students at Bronx-based Grace Outreach. Right now we’re at $11,093 raised. Show some love by donating to your favorite lifter(s) through the 2019 Crowdrise campaign here!
3. Good news! If you’re in the market for a new tattoo, you can check out CFSBK member Stephen Lim‘s shop, Happy Place Tattoo, which is located right near the gym at 3rd Avenue and Dean St. Stephen has flash available on his site, or you can check out his personal and shop Instagrams.
4. Got something of note going on in your life? We want to hear about your promotions, events, art, personal victories, discoveries, media campaigns, and small government coup d’états, or you can just share interesting links. We also always love hearing about any CrossFit/athletic-related goals and accomplishments. Send awesomeness to Josh [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com.
5. We’ll be running on a modified schedule this Monday, September 2nd for Labor Day. Details can be found on the Schedule page.
6. This Sunday’s 12pm Pilates class is cancelled.
Are the Olympic Lifts Helpful for ALL Athletes? Catalyst Athletics
Why Playing Superhero Is Good for Kids JSTOR Daily
Deadlift: 145x10x3 with a tempo down. Holy schnikies, that is a test to my grip strength! Hip was a little stiff afterward but no pain.
Tried WBs with a 10# ball but that started to feel not-so-great so I switched to slam ball after 2 rounds. I think it’s the fact that I can’t control the speed of my squat on the way down in a WB the way I can in a slam ball.
Did the TGUs with a light barbell for a little extra challenge. I’m way better at these than I used to be!