3 x 5
Sets across, heavier than last week. Use a double-overhand grip and a load that you could perform comfortably for 6 reps. Touch-and-go is okay, but aim to do these unbelted if you can.
Post loads to comments.
Week 4 of 6
30 Minutes for Quality:
1:00 Plank (rings or forearms)
20e Single-Arm Kettlebell Swings (light-medium)
100 Alternating Foot Steps or 200 Single-Unders
10 Slam Balls (light-medium)
Rotate through the movements at a low-intensity/aerobic pace. If you wear a heart rate monitoring device, then aim to say below about 150 bpm. Otherwise, you should be able to breathe through your nose the entire time and/or hold a conversational pace.
Post work to comments.
View this post on Instagram
Erica M. puts up a big 163 lb PR at Next Level Weightlifting Club
This Weekend: CFSBK at the Brooklyn Barbell Open
Coach Frank and several lifters from our Next Level Weightlifting Club will be at Brooklyn Barbell Club on Saturday and Sunday for the USA Weightlifting Brooklyn Barbell Open. Here’s when Frank’s lifters are competing and what they’re aiming to achieve:
Elena Schorr lifts on Saturday at 10:00am:
- Best lifts include a 132 lb Snatch and a 170 lb Clean and Jerk.
- Her best competition lifts are 52kg (114lbs) Snatch and 74 kg (163 lb) Clean and Jerk.
- Elena’s goal is to improve on her competition lifts.
Basha Margulies lifts on Saturday at 3:00pm:
- Best lifts include a 48 kg (105 lb) Snatch and a 60kg (132 lb) Clean and Jerk.
- Her best competition lifts are 45 kg (99 lb) Snatch and 56 kg (123 lb) Clean and Jerk.
- Basha’s goals are a 47 kg (103 lb) Snatch and a 60 kg (132 lb) Clean and Jerk.
Erika Minerowicz lifts on Sunday at 11:30am:
- Best lifts include a 163 lb Snatch and 200 lb Clean and Jerk.
- This is Erika’s first meet! Her goal is to make lifts and have a strong first showing.
Head up to Williamsburg to support our lifters! You can learn more about Next Level Weightlifting Club at CFSBK, which meets Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights, over at the NLWC program page.
More Weekend Happenings
We have an action-packed weekend ahead here at your favorite gym! Here’s more stuff to know
- We are hosting a potluck at Prospect Park TOMORROW (Saturday) from 2 to 4pm. We would love to see you there with your families, friends, and a few snacks or dishes to pass around and share! Details can be found on the event page.
- Put yourself in the expert hands of a certified Wim Hof Method Instructor to learn the 3 pillars of the Wim Hof Method: Breathing Technique, Cold Exposure, and Commitment. Find out how you can utilize oxygen and cold exposure to optimize body & mind, and learn about the underlying physiology. We’re bringing the Wim Hof Method folks back for a workshop tomorrow afternoon, and there are still spots available!
- 11am Active Recovery is cancelled this Saturday, August 17th and Sunday, August 18th.