In teams of 2, with one partner working at a time, complete the following for time:
50 Thrusters 115/80
50 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
50 Power Snatches 115/80
50 Power Cleans 115/80
Partners divide the work however desired. The barbell is one load throughout and should be medium heavy for you, with either the Thrusters or the Power Snatches being the limiter. Modify the Pull-Ups to band or leg assisted as needed.
Post time, Rx, and partner to comments.
Here’s a fun and informative Saturday watch. It’s 4-time champion Mat Fraser talking to Rory McKernan about the 2019 CrossFit Games. There were lots of interesting comments on the blog regarding the Games this week, so let us know what you think about the interview!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Katherine Akiko Day is our August Athlete of the Month. Head over to Monday’s post to read her interview. Congrats, Katherine!
2. We’re just 4 weeks away from the 2019 Iron Maidens Raw Open, our annual women-only powerlifting meet. This year, our goal is to raise $30,000 to continue supporting students at Bronx-based Grace Outreach. After this week, we’re now at $3,381 raised. Donate to your favorite lifter(s) here!
3. We’d love your help with Iron Maidens 2019! There are a variety of ways to get involved. Fill out this volunteer form to learn more and share your availability.
4. Missing something? Maybe a bike helmet or some snazzy shoes? It might be in our most recent lost and found dump! Be sure to claim your stuff at the front desk before we donate it to CHIPS in a couple of weeks.
5. Put yourself in the expert hands of a certified Wim Hof Method Instructor to learn the 3 pillars of the Wim Hof Method: Breathing Technique, Cold Exposure, and Commitment. Find out how you can utilize oxygen and cold exposure to optimize body & mind, and learn about the underlying physiology. Our previous workshops were a big success, so we’re bringing the Wim Hof Method team back on August 17th!
6. We are hosting a potluck at Prospect Park next Saturday, August 17th from 2 to 4pm. We would love to see you there with your families, friends, and a few snacks or dishes to pass around and share! Details can be found on the event page.
The Secret to Better Performance? Restful Sleep. Outside
A Vacation’s Worth of Simple, Effective Workouts Breaking Muscle