Dumbbell Press / Pull-Up Superset
A1) Seated Dumbbell Press:
3 x 8-10
A2) Strict Pull-Ups:
3 x 8-10
Use a “faster up-slower down” tempo. Start light enough to build in load over three weeks. Use band assist, partner assist, or add weight to the pull ups as needed.
Post work to comments.
Week 1 of 6
3 Rounds for Time:
15 Deadlifts 155/105
12 Hang Power Cleans
The barbell should be medium-heavy. Scale accordingly. Modify to Alternating Foot Steps or 2x Singles as needed.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Your Sunday dose of cuteness: Coach Jess’s friend Anna’s daughter Roxanne repping our CrossFit Kids program!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Our new training cycle template dropped this week. Check out Monday’s post to find out what you can expect in CrossFit group classes over the next 6 weeks!
2. Here’s a new vid starring Coach David from our friends at Inside the Affiliate. It focuses on our movement quality scale, and it’s a really cool window into how our coaches help you move better!
3. Did you lose a MetroCard with some money on it a couple of weeks ago? A very kind member found it in our coatroom, and we’d like to get it back to you. Contact the front desk with the approximate dollar amount on the card to claim it.
4. We’re just 6 weeks away from the 2019 Iron Maidens Raw Open, our annual women-only powerlifting meet. We’d love your help on this very fun day! There are a variety of ways to get involved. Fill out this volunteer form to learn more and share your availability.
5. 12pm Pilates is cancelled today.
Nuns Don’t Have Midlife Crises JSTOR Daily
How Weight Training Changes the Brain NY Times
David Osorio says
5 rounds NFT:
100’ yoke carry +50kg
10 stall bar leg lifts
500m erg bike
Then about 45 min of bouldering at BKB