3 Working Sets:
A1) 8 Each Dumbbell Box Step-Ups (Held Farmer’s style)
A2) 65m Double Kettlebell Front Rack Carry (Halfway to 3rd Ave. and back)
A3) 4-8 Strict Chest to Bar Chin-Ups
Post work to comments.
Week 2 of 2
20:00 at Aerobic Pace:
12 Box Jumps
10 Each 1 Arm Kettlebell/Dumbbell Waiter Squats
Post work to comments.
Murph Day Recap
Thanks to everyone who participated, cheered, and volunteered at Murph Day 2019! It was a huge success. A record 211 of you signed up to do to the workout. Between $5 donated from each t-shirt sale and your individual donations, we raised over $1000 for K9s for Warriors, an organization that provides service dogs for veterans suffering from Post-traumatic Stress Disability, traumatic brain injury, and/or military sexual trauma as a result of military service post-9/11.
In Tuesday’s blog post, we asked you to reflect on your experience this year, and here are some of the things you said:
- Kayleigh, who did her first full, vested “Murph” wrote: “Was expecting it to take around an hour, so quite happy with the time [53:28]. Felt slow and steady throughout, but I think the consistency really helped. My legs are much more sore today than in past years. Such a great day with the gym community and very thankful to have a opportunity to challenge myself in such a supportive environment.”
- Lisa wrote: “I managed to get 10 rounds of push-ups and squats in (so 100 Push-Ups and 150 Squats) while inventing a new rep scheme: the do-what-your-toddler-will-let-you-do scheme. It involves sometimes doing a lot of one thing in a row, because it seems to make him happy. At one point I was at something like 5 rounds of push-ups and 8 rounds of Squats. It was a lot to keep track of. Unfortunately, there was no way for me to safely do Pull-Ups given his clinginess. But I do want credit for many of my Squats being weighted (using a 29-lb odd object).”
- Stella wrote: “My first full Murph, 56:58. Under an hour, I’ll take it. Also, I am wearing my Murph shirt at work today. It’s a little more cazh than usual for me, but everyone needs to know that I did this, amirite? The first rule of CrossFit is ALWAYS TALK ABOUT CROSSFIT.”
- Brad wrote: “A great day! Not knowing what to expect as a first timer, I scaled to a half-Murph (1 mile run, 50 Pull-Ups, 100 Push-Ups, 150 Squats and another 1 mile run) substituting pull ups for ring rows and no vest for a time of 44:40. Next year I’ll do the full Murph Rx. Thanks to all who made it happen and already looking forward to next Memorial Day.”
- Charles wrote: “Murph was a great event, I was so happy to see all the heats full. I did no vest Full Murph in 49:06. 6 mins faster than last year and much better Pull-Ups. Thanks for all of the folks who organized, cooked, coached and cleaned! It’s very meaningful to connect this to the purpose of Memorial Day.”
- Over on Facebook, Martha said: “I did it for the 4th time ever this year. I had a gap of 4 years due to injury, so it’s especially nice to be back this year and last. I did a 1 mile run, 50 Ring Rows, 100 Push-Ups, 150 Squats, and another 1 mile run in 39:19…. Feeling proud! And happy to donate to www.k9sforwarriors.org which CFSBK encourages donations for every Memorial Day.”
Congrats to everyone! We still have Murph Day t-shirts for sale at the front desk in case you forgot to grab one.
Tom S. at Rib King 2019 Tonight
A note from one of our Murph Day grillmasters, Tom S.: ” Tonight starting at 6pm I’ll be competing in Rib King NYC 2019 in Williamsburg. I’ll be participating on the team of a very rad competitor, Robert Cho of Kimchi Smoke. Go HERE for more info.”
The Beginner Prescription Barbell Medicine
Cool, There’s Water on Mars. But Does It Make Good Pickles? Atlas Obscura