Clean and Jerk Complex
Every 3:00 x 5 Reps:
Hip Clean + Mid Hang Clean + Knee Hang Clean + Jerk
The barbell should not travel down the thigh in the first Clean from the “Hip” position. The Jerks may be Split if you prefer, but keep it the same for all 3 reps. Aim to finish a little heavier than last week.
Post loads to comments.
Exposure 7 of 8
10-8-6-4-2 Push Jerks 135/95
Modify the Dubs to 30 Alternating Foot Steps or 60 Singles as needed. The barbell should be medium-heavy for you, unbroken on the fast end.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Gerry M. recently visited CrossFit Typhoon in Hong Kong, where the weightlifting coach just so happens to be a huge CFSBK fan!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. The first-annual East Coast Gambit is a premier, single day, functional fitness competition in the Northeast! Hosted by CrossFit South Brooklyn and slated for June 15th, the event is open to all individuals and will feature both RX and SCALED divisions (more info below on standards). Check out the newly launched East Coast Gambit website for more info and to sign up!
2. Put yourself in the expert hands of a certified Wim Hof Method Instructor to learn the 3 pillars of the Wim Hof Method: Breathing Technique, Cold Exposure, and Commitment. Find out how you can utilize oxygen and cold exposure to optimize body & mind, and learn about the underlying physiology. The first workshop we hosted back in March was such a success, so we’re bringing the Wim Hof Method team in May!
3. A new cycle of Coach Ro’s Anti-Gravity Strength class starts May 18th, and there are still spots left. Go HERE to learn more and claim one!
4. We just updated our Exercise Demo Library with fresh vids and new movements. Check it out!
5. On Monday, May 27th from 8am to 1pm, we’ll be doing our annual Memorial Day “Murph” workout. This is a great community event where we perform this classic CrossFit benchmark workout followed by some grilling, side dishes, and beers. The workout is tough—very tough—but it can, of course, be scaled to meet everyone’s capacity. Head over to the event page to sign up for a heat.
6. The Starting Strength program is an opportunity to spend 8 weeks with Coach Jeremy honing your technique and increasing your capacity at the most fundamental strength movements: Back Squat, Overhead Press, Bench Press and Deadlift. New cycles kick off the week after next, and there are still some spots left! See Tuesday’s post for all the details.
7. Do want a night off for yourself and your kids? Of course you do! So sign up for our CFSBK Kids’ Night Out this Saturday, May 11th! Your kid will engage in fun movement activities and games, eat pizza, and watch a movie. Head over to the event page for more info.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Back Squat | Smurph
Focus on the Baseline Over the Peaks Catalyst Athletics
Fava Beans Are the Seasonal Vegetable of Despair Hmm Daily