Clean and Jerk Complex
Every 3:00 x 5 Reps:
Power Clean + Hang Clean + 2 Front Squats + Jerk
Build to a medium-heavy but perfect load.
Post loads to comments.
Exposure 2 of 8
5 Rounds for Time:
10 Alternating Dumbbell Snatches 50/35
5 Rounds for Time:
10 Alternating Dumbbell Snatches
5 Challenging “Rings-to-Ribs” Ring Rows
The gymnastics element should be challenging but doable, unbroken on the fast end. If you have muscle ups but 15 in a high intensity workout would be a lot of them, consider scaling to 2 or even 1 per round. On the fitness side, rings, matador, or boxes are all good for Dips. Use a false grip on the Ring Rows if you can.
Post time and Rx to comments.
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. On Monday, we tallied up the final individual results of the 2019 CrossFit Open. Congrats again to all who participated!
2. Also, check out our photos from the final Friday Night Lights event of the Open!
3. Next Level Weightlifting Cycle is an Olympic lifting program focused on the development of the Snatch, the Clean, and the Jerk. Think of it as an Olympic lifting version of our popular Starting Strength Program cycles. During this 8 week cycle led by Coach Frank Murray, there will be a heavy focus on strength and technique. Details are in Tuesday’s post!
4. This one’s for the ladies! Our women-only Brazilian jiu jitsu class kicks off on April 14th. Same BJJ Level 1 starter pack we’ve been offering, with a stronger focus on self-defense. If you’ve been curious about BJJ but are apprehensive about rolling around on the ground with a bunch of dudes, this is your chance to get started!
5. Looking to stay on track after the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, or do you maybe just want to establish better nutrition habits? Look no further than Alchemy Nutrition & Wellness, run by our own Coaches Chris and Jess Fox!
6. The following classes are cancelled this Saturday, April 6th when we host the Day of the Deadboys seminar in 597: 11am AG Strength, 11am Active Recovery, 12:30 Anti-Gravity.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Back Squat | Handstand Push-Ups, Box Jumps, KB Swings
Muscle Meditation Breaking Muscle
The Heart of a Swimmer vs. the Heart of a Runner NY Times