Clean and Jerk Complex
Every 3:00 x 5 Reps:
Power Clean + Hang Clean + 2 Front Squats + Jerk
Build to a medium-heavy but perfect load.
Post loads to comments.
Exposure 2 of 8
5 Rounds for Time:
10 Alternating Dumbbell Snatches 50/35
5 Rounds for Time:
10 Alternating Dumbbell Snatches
5 Challenging “Rings-to-Ribs” Ring Rows
The gymnastics element should be challenging but doable, unbroken on the fast end. If you have muscle ups but 15 in a high intensity workout would be a lot of them, consider scaling to 2 or even 1 per round. On the fitness side, rings, matador, or boxes are all good for Dips. Use a false grip on the Ring Rows if you can.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Lots more photos from last weekend’s Wim Hof seminar are up on Flickr. (Hi, Coach McDowell!)
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. On Monday, we tallied up the final individual results of the 2019 CrossFit Open. Congrats again to all who participated!
2. Also, check out our photos from the final Friday Night Lights event of the Open!
3. Next Level Weightlifting Cycle is an Olympic lifting program focused on the development of the Snatch, the Clean, and the Jerk. Think of it as an Olympic lifting version of our popular Starting Strength Program cycles. During this 8 week cycle led by Coach Frank Murray, there will be a heavy focus on strength and technique. Details are in Tuesday’s post!
4. This one’s for the ladies! Our women-only Brazilian jiu jitsu class kicks off on April 14th. Same BJJ Level 1 starter pack we’ve been offering, with a stronger focus on self-defense. If you’ve been curious about BJJ but are apprehensive about rolling around on the ground with a bunch of dudes, this is your chance to get started!
5. Looking to stay on track after the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, or do you maybe just want to establish better nutrition habits? Look no further than Alchemy Nutrition & Wellness, run by our own Coaches Chris and Jess Fox!
6. The following classes are cancelled this Saturday, April 6th when we host the Day of the Deadboys seminar in 597: 11am AG Strength, 11am Active Recovery, 12:30 Anti-Gravity.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Back Squat | Handstand Push-Ups, Box Jumps, KB Swings
Muscle Meditation Breaking Muscle
The Heart of a Swimmer vs. the Heart of a Runner NY Times
K harpz says
Yesterday: Queens for final MACC team training. It’s been really fun doing team workouts and I’m going to sadly miss that worm practice I absolutely love it! Thankfully they finally announced a worm workout today. Which we will crush with all the practice we’ve been doing! The workouts are BRUTAL. One includes 40 burpee box stepovers in a 14# vest holding two 35# DBs…so an 84# box stepover. The elite division women have to do 50s so 114#! What the hell! Awesome but what. The. Hell. That’s more than the regionals weight last year.
A) 4 rds for time:
200M vest run
10 synchro box step overs (35#ea hand + vest)
10 worm push press + vest
*dont know our time. I have neck hickeys from the vest worm combo do not judge me* so uncomfcomf
B) 10 min EMOM:
Even: 10 worm thrusters
Odd: 5 TnG worm clean and jerk.
Now that we have the TnG down. I’m stoked about the announcement of our latest chipper. Monostructural hell followed by 30 worm clean and jerks!!!
For time as a team:
1200M assault air runner
100 cal assault bike
100 synchro wall balls
30 worm clean and jerks
100′ FW – 32kg
6 1 arm high pulls/arm (40#)
1 yoga push up + 2 t-push ups side 150m row x 3 rounds
B)Supinated Chest to Bar
@1011; 4-6 reps x 5; rest as needed
5×6 @ 15/17.5/20/22.5/25# respectively. Pullers felt strong today I was happy with that
C1) T Bar Row
@3010; 6-8 reps x 4; rest 1 min
I didn’t know what to start with shouldve gone way heavier: 35 + 25, then added 5s ea set. So like 50/55/60/65×8
C2)Chest Supported DB reverse fly
@2011; 6-8 reps x 4; rest 1 min
10s to startx8, stopped to 8#x8 so I could move correctly those are tough
5 min AMRAP
2 ring MU
4 burpee no jump
8 alt DB snatch – 45#
rest 3 minx 3 rounds
This was a similar stimulus to Nate. Who I hate love. So I went ahead and called this “Nate’s Evil Brother” which I think I liked better than OG Nate! Mostly because I get to rest and I crushed this pace!
4 + 6 reps
4 + 10 reps
4 + 12 reps
30 muscle ups complete with plenty left in the tank. Cool!
30 sec – @1.5 BW in watts 30 sec – EASY spin on bike x 15 rounds
Haven’t weighed myself in ages. Was guessing 204-209 watts for me. So relatively tame. 54-56RPM
“burpee box stepovers in a 14# vest holding two 35# DBs…so an 84# box stepover”
K harpz says
I know right. No joke!
Courtney S says
Clean complex at 93#. Still having a lot of issues pulling off the floor so keeping these nice and light and trying not to suck
Metcon in 6:08 doing 2 ring muscle ups per round. Haven’t been on the high rings in ages so wasn’t sure how they would go this morning but they felt surprisingly good!
Shawn Campbell says
Boy oh boy did I take it easy today, both intentionally and because I misunderstood the wod (as if it were so complicated….)
I stayed at 63# for all sets of the C&J complex. This is about 75% of my 1rm but it felt good in the warm up and I wanted to hammer it in. I still wasn’t down far enough in the split jerk but I wasn’t even there with no bar until Katie corrected my definition of optimal position.
I didn’t register that is was dips AND ring rows, which is extra silly because when I originally read it, I did understand. So daft! I intentionally went really light for me on the snatch because I’m just reintroducing the movement to my cranky shoulder. 15# was plenty light on the right but on my left side I had to stay mindful about my position at the top. Then, dips on the bench – not very challenging. So for my light snatches and bench dips only I finished at 3:22. Now I know what I have to do when I want to finish first in the class!
10am with Coaches Whit and Brett
So fun to partner on the complex with Lady Fox!
Push jerks are still a wip for me, so that’s where the focus was.
Last push jerk felt the best.
Metcon with matador dips. Forgot to look at the clock. Debating if I should come in for a 4th day in a row tomorrow or take my chances with Sunday’s hero wod… :/
Chris A. says
Could McDowell look any less bothered?