Every Minute on the Minute x 18 (6e):
1) Power Snatch + Overhead Squat (build to a heavy load)
2) 4-8 Strict Chin-Ups (use assistance or add weight as appropriate)
Post work to comments.
Week 7 of 7
Partner AMRAP 15 Minutes:
50 Wall Balls
50 Dumbbell Snatches
Partners trade sets as desired.
Post rounds, reps, Rx, and partner to comments.
Join Drs. Baraki and Feigenbaum for the Barbell Medicine seminar at CFSBK on April 27th and 28th. The Barbell Medicine seminar attempts to integrate modern medicine and legitimate strength and conditioning together to provide the background knowledge, coaching strategies, nutrition and lifestyle modifications, and personal form corrections needed to work with folks who may have common health issues. Head over to the event page for more info!
Big Changes Starting Tomorrow!
We have some exciting changes on the horizon here at CFSBK. Here’s what you can look forward to as the 2019 CrossFit Open concludes:
- No more Rest Days! After some reflection and discussion, we have decided to move away from this long-standing tradition and offer 7 days of unique programming per week. To read more about the reasoning behind this change, check out our recent blog post, “The Death of the Rest Day.” And check out tomorrow’s post for info about our upcoming 8-week training cycle!
- Friday night group class! Starting March 29th we will be offering 5:30pm and 6:30pm CrossFit group class on Friday nights. We listened to your feedback, and this is one of the steps we are taking to better serve the CFSBK community and, most importantly, help you get your fitness on whenever you want.
- Earlier blog posts! This is a theme we saw a lot in your feedback, and we’re delivering. Starting next Monday, we’ll be posting the next day’s blog at 9pm. This means you’ll be able to see the workout before the clock strikes midnight.
Thanks again for your feedback!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Open Workout 19.5
Is Beer Actually a Good Post-Workout Drink? BarBend
Reconstructing the Cuisine of the Ottoman Empire Atlas Obscura
Courtney S says
Girls wanted to do Crossfit this morning so dragged myself in at 9am with them. Legs are super sore but it actually felt really nice to move.
Strength work: PS/OHS at 73# from the hip. Been working with Frankie on my lifting recently so keeping these light and technically sound. Felt good. Four strict chin ups each round just because I didn’t do enough pull-ups yesterday 😉
Partner workout: we kept this at a veeeeeeery moderate pace and it felt really good on the old legs to just move. 14# WB 10/10/10/10/5/5 and 25# snatch with same rep scheme. Got through 33 snatches on the third round.
Glad the Open is over and looking forward to the new training cycle starting tomorrow !
Daniel R says
I waited as much as I could before getting 19.5 done – my groin was feeling much better this morning, and I’m flying to Cali tomorrow so… Today was the day.
12pm open gym, 19.5 with judges Thaisa & Champ (who was mostly chewing a bully stick)
151 reps Rx – that’s 10 C2B into the round of 21. I didn’t really know what to expect here – maybe my C2B would start failing, maybe the thrusters would be too much, maybe… Let me tell you what happened: my heart rate exploded, and this became an endurance and a “oh god I might throw up but I want another rep” workout. I didn’t even come close to missing any reps, C2B felt solid all the way to the end, I just didn’t have enough energy to jump up to the bar and had to take some long pauses. Thrusters were 5r x 5s + 8, 5r x 4s + 7, 5r x 3s +6. C2B were all single from the start. Finished the round of 33s at around 8min, so managed to keep a decent pace throughout.
Happy that the Open is over since I want to go back to a regular training pace. On the flip side, I’ll miss the nice atmosphere and community that comes from everyone suffering through one big workout every week. Maybe that’s what the Saturday monster metcons will be?
p.s. oh, and in the first set of thrusters, my groin started complaining. I thought about stopping, but decided to see whether it’d get worse, and it didn’t, so it didn’t really get in the way too much. Let’s see how tomorrow feels.
Daniel R says
Oh, and this year we have the Open again in 6 months! (I think!)
Keith Walter says
Going to be a rough cycle going 4 days in a row.
pains and gains