Today is a scheduled rest/recovery day, but don’t worry! We are open and running on our normal schedule. In today’s CrossFit group classes, you’ll have the option of doing either yesterday or tomorrow’s programming, which can be found in the comments section of today and every Rest Day’s post.
REGISTER NOW FOR STARTING STRENGTH PROGRAM
Want to get a lot stronger? The Starting Strength program is an opportunity to spend 8 weeks with Coach Jeremy honing your technique and increasing your capacity at the most fundamental strength movements: Back Squat, Overhead Press, Bench Press and Deadlift. This small group format of 90 minute sessions offers one-on-one guidance, great camaraderie, and a simple roster of movements allowing you time to correct errors and challenge your limits.
Whether you are brand-new to lifting, someone with experience who has struggled to surpass a plateau, or just looking to try something different, by taking the time to focus exclusively on the lifts that support almost every other activity you do inside (and outside) the gym, you will gain confidence and enhance your performance.
Upcoming Program Times and Dates
A cycle: Novice, 7pm Mon/Wed and 6pm Fri |Monday, March 11th – Friday, May 3rd
B cycle: Intermediate, 7pm Tues/Thurs and 10am Sun | Tuesday, March 12th – Sunday, May 5th (FULL)
C cycle: Morning Novice, 6:30am Mon/Thurs | Monday, March 11th – Thursday, May 2nd
D cycle: Continuing Education, 6pm Mon/Wed | Monday, March 11th – Wednesday, May 1st (FULL)
E cycle: Late morning, all levels, 10am Mon/Thurs | Monday, March 11th – Thursday, May 2nd
A CrossFit Total testing one-rep maxes in the Back Squat, Press, and Deadlift will take place on Sunday, May 5th at 2pm to cap off all cycles.
Class Sizes: Space is limited to 4-10 participants
Class Length: 90 minutes
3x Per Week Cycles: $300 paid upon registration and then another $300 at the halfway point
2x Per Week Cycles: $200 paid upon registration and then another $200 at the halfway point
Group Class/Open Gym/Active Recovery/Yoga/Pilates Add-On Option!
This add-on membership allows our 2x/week Starting Strength Program to attend two additional classes per week, outside of the regularly scheduled strength cycle classes. This includes group classes, Open Gym, and Active Recovery/Yoga/Pilates/Short Circuit.
Price is $100 per four weeks, first bill due at sign-up and second bill ($100) charged automatically to the card on-file four weeks later. Register here!
If anyone is confused as to which cycle they belong in or has any questions, they can contact Jeremy directly at Jeremy [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com to discuss placement.
News and Notes
- A new cycle of Coach Ro’s Anti-Gravity Strength class starts Saturday the 9th, and there are just 5 spots left. Go HERE to learn more and claim one!
- We’ve made some tweaks to our class schedule to better serve our community. Here’s what’s happening: Tuesday’s 5:30pm Strong Fit class will be dropped. Anti-Gravity classes will switch to days and times. AG will now meet Wednesdays at 5:30pm and Saturdays at 1pm.
- Intramural League captains: please submit your athletes’ scores to the spreadsheet by 8pm tonight.
- We have a new cycle of our Level 2 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu starting this Sunday, March 10th. Go HERE to learn more and register.
- We’re always trying to get better at what we do. If you have a minute, head over to the Feedback page and tell us about your experience at the gym!
Yesterday’s Results Board
Susceptibility to Mental Illness May Have Helped Humans Adapt over the Millenia Scientific American
Adaptive Athlete in Wheelchairs Find Their Own Box Morning Chalk Up